Uttarakhand Mukhyamantri Swasthya Bima Yojana (MSBY) Card Status & Benefits: Uttarakhand Mukhyamantri Swasthya Bima Yojana (MSBY) is an health insurance scheme by the state government of Uttarakhand. The scheme was launched in April 2015 and is now benefiting at least 48 Lakh families in the state. The government is providing a health insurance coverage upto Rs. 50,000 for normal diseases and upto Rs. 1.25 lakh for serious illness to all the left out families not covered under Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana.
Objective of Mukhyamantri Swasthya Bima Yojana
The main objective of the scheme is to improve the Affordability, Availability and Accessibility of quality health care services to every citizen of the state. Uttarakhand Mukhyamantri Swasthya Bima Yojana has been started to cover all the families against the health spending leading to poverty. The scheme aims to broaden the access and availability of health care services and the presence of a large private health sector in the state for all the families.
Features of Mukhyamantri Swasthya Bima Yojana
- Effective and affordable family care to the entire population.
- Almost all medical procedures and diagnostic services covered under the scheme.
- Extension of tertiary care to poor people of rural areas.
- Almost all government and private hospitals empanelled to provide cashless treatment under MSBY.
- Ensure access and quality of service to those with no influence or voice.
- Protecting the poor from becoming poorer resulting from medical expenditure.
- Freedom to choose from multiple govt and private health service providers.
- Involvement of community in rural health care for increasing accountability.
Mukhyamantri Swasthya Bima Yojana Card
Under the Mukhyamantri Swasthya Bima Yojana, a Bio-Metric smart card is issued to each family. The smart card can be used at any of the empaneled hospitals for treatment. Health insurance benefits of Rs. 50,000 per family per annum on a family floater basis (upto 5 members) are being provided under the scheme.
The status of the balance in the card cane also be checked online at this link by entering the URN number. The scheme covers hospitalization expenses for both surgical and non-surgical procedures. Several surgical procedures are covered under the scheme which needs hospitalization or which can be handled on a day care basis.
List of Empanelled Hospitals in MSBY Uttarakhand
The scheme covers several medical procedures and diagnostic services which are also covered under the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana. Health insurance benefits (medical procedure benefits) can be availed at any of the Uttarakhand MSBY empanelled hospitals. There are various government and private hospitals in the state providing cashless treatment under the Mukhyamantri Swasthya Bima Yojana. The district wise list of the empaneled hospitals can be seen on official website of the scheme using the link here – https://www.ukhfws.org/documents/msby_emp.pdf
Uttarakhand MSBY Medical Package List
Here is the direct link to check Uttarakhand Mukhyamantri Swasthya Bima Yojana Medical Package List – https://www.ukhfws.org/documents/RSBY_Medical_Package_list.pdf
Uttarakhand Mukhyamantri Swasthya Bima Yojana Hospital Empanelment Form
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official website of Uttarakhand Health & Family Welfare Society at https://www.ukhfws.org/detail.php?progID=60
Uttarakhand Government Schemes 2021उत्तराखंड सरकारी योजना हिन्दीPopular Schemes in Uttarakhand:Uttarakhand Ration Card Listउत्तराखंड नया राशन कार्ड एप्लीकेशन फॉर्म PDFUttarakhand Mukhyamantri Swarozgar Yojana
STEP 2: At the homepage, click at the “Hospital Information” link as shown below or directly click https://www.ukhfws.org/documents/msby-hospital-information.pdf:-
STEP 3: Then the Uttarakhand Mukhyamantri Swasthya Bima Yojana Hospital Empanelment Form will appear as shown below:-
MSBY Exclusion – In-Patient Care & Day Care Treatments
Conditions that do not require Hospitalization
- Conditions that do not require Hospitalization and can be treated under Out Patient Care, i.e., Screening or OPD medical and surgical procedures, other than: (i) the Day Care Treatments identified in Schedule 2; and (ii) the OPD consultations and Screening covered under the OPD Benefits.
- Expenses incurred at an Empanelled Health Care Provider primarily for Screening, i.e., evaluation or diagnostic purposes only during the Hospitalization and expenses on vitamins and tonics etc., other than such expenses that are required as a part of the expenses for: (i) Hospitalization expenses for a Medical Treatment or Surgical Procedure, as certified by the attending physician; (ii) Follow-up Care; or (iii) the OPD consultations and Screening covered under the OPD Benefits.
- Any dental treatment or Surgical Procedure which is corrective, cosmetic or of aesthetic nature, filling of cavity, root canal including wear and tear etc., is excluded, unless arising from the disease, illness or injury and which requires Hospitalization for treatment, other than: the OPD consultations or dental treatment provided as part of the child care benefits under Clause 3.1(h).
Congenital Anomalies and Convalescence
- Treatment or procedures for external Congenital Anomalies, other than the Congenital Anomalies listed in Schedule 3.
- Convalescence or treatment for general debility, “run down” condition or rest cure.
- Any treatment received in a convalescent home, convalescent hospital, health hydro, nature care clinic or similar establishments or as mutually agreed between the State Nodal Agency and the Insurer.
Sterilization, Fertility and Sex Change procedures
- Any fertility, sub-fertility or assisted conception procedure
- Hormone replacement therapies, sex change or treatments which result from or are in any way related to sex change
Vaccinations and Cosmetic Treatments
- Vaccination or inoculation, other than such expenses that are required as a part of the expenses for the OPD Benefits.
- Change of life or cosmetic or aesthetic treatments of any description, plastic surgery other than as may be necessitated due to an accident or as a part of any illness.
- Circumcision, unless necessary for treatment of a disease or illness not excluded hereunder or as may be necessitated by any accident.
War, Nuclear invasion
Disease, illness or injury directly or indirectly caused by or arising from or attributable to war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, war like operations (whether war be declared or not) or by nuclear weapons/materials.
Maternity Benefits Exclusions
Termination of Pregnancy
Voluntary medical termination of pregnancy is not covered, except in the case of a lawful termination or induced by accident or other medical emergency to save the life of mother.
The Insurer shall not be liable to make any payment under any of the Covers in respect of any expenses whatsoever incurred by any Beneficiary in connection with or in respect of the above mentioned situations.
How to get Enrolled
Any citizen of the state can get enrolled under the scheme to take insurance benefits. The interested candidates can visit any nearest Enrollment Center. Here is the direct link from where you can check how to get enrolled under Uttarakhand Mukhyamantri Swasthya Bima Yojana – https://www.ukhfws.org/documents/msby_go.pdf
List of Documents Required for MSBY Uttarakhand
- Aadhar Card
- Residence Certificate
- BPL Ration Card
- Income Certificate
- Bank Account Details
- Recent Passport Size Photographs
For more details, click the link – https://www.ukhfws.org/detail.php?progID=60