Karnataka State Government has launched a new scheme to help road accident victims get the treatment on time. Under the scheme, the government will provide free treatment to road accident victims for the first 48 hours in the nearest government or private hospital. The scheme was launched on 8 March 2016.
The scheme is named after Harish Nanjappa, who donated his eyes moments before his death in a road accident in February 2016.
Key highlights of Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Yojana
- The scheme will provide treatment assistance to victims of road accidents across the state irrespective of their financial status or nationality.
- Immediate medical relief will be provided to the victim during the Golden Hour with financial aid up to 25000 during the first 48 hours of treatment.
- The victim will receive medical care for first 48 hours and get treatment at any hospital. All hospitals will be directed not to reject accident victims.
- A software covering hospital registration, patient registration, claims submission and packages will be installed for the proper implementation of the scheme.
- Emergency toll free helplines will also be set up to help accident victims.