Central government is planning to launch a new National Youth Empowerment Scheme for youths. Under this N-YES Scheme, govt. will provide 1 Year Compulsory Military Training (with Stipend) to all the 10th and 12th Pass Candidates. This training would be an “Essential Qualification” after X and XII class to secure jobs in Defence, Police and Paramilitary forces. This PM Yojana is expected to enroll 10 lakh youngsters per annum for training.
Modi govt. wants that Indian Youths must inculcate feeling of “Nationalism” and contribute towards fulfilling the dream of “New India by 2022”. Moreover, N-YES Scheme will also focus on providing a “disciplined” and nationalist “Force of Youth”.
This scheme will also result in optimizing the “Indian Demographic Advantage”. Modi Govt. is also planning to provide incentives to the students who have just passed 10th and 12th Class and got themselves enrolled in a college.
Modi N-YES Scheme – 1 Year Compulsory Military Training
The important features and highlights of National Youth Empowerment Scheme (N YES) are as follows:-
- Modi Govt. is considering a proposal to enroll 10 lakh youngsters annually in a Military Training Programme under N-YES Scheme.
- N-YES Scheme would fulfill the objectives of having a disciplined, dedicated, hardworking and nationalist “force of youth”.
- All the youths will be given military training for a duration of 1 year. Along with this 12-month-long training, all the attendees will also get a stipend.
- N-YES Scheme would be an “essential qualification” for all those who wants to get jobs in Defense, Police and Paramilitary forces.
- The most striking feature is that N-YES will inculcate values of discipline, nationalism, and self-esteem into the youth. This scheme will benefit especially those Indians who belong to rural areas particularly women.
- All the youths will also be taught concepts of disaster management, vocational and IT skills, Ayurveda, yoga, and ancient Indian philosophy.
- Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) had already organized a meeting on the proposed scheme in the last week of June 2021.
- Representatives from Dept. of Youth Affairs, Human Resource Development (HRD) Ministry and Defence Ministry had attended the meeting.
According to Modi Govt., this proposal is an essential step towards making India “Vishwaguru” and to fulfill the PM’s dream of New India 2022. Govt. will also consider another proposal which deals with strengthening of existing National Cadet Corps (NCC).