Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has launched Digital India Internship Scheme. Under this skill development initiative, govt. will provide Rs. 10,000 per month as stipend to youngsters. Central Government will select 25 students for each session – summer and winter and will offer renumeration per month to youths / interns. Interested candidates can apply online for the internship at meity.gov.in/internship-scheme
The primary objective is to provide skill development opportunity to get first hand and practical work experience which will count for the whole life. Govt. will provide this summer internship under the guidance of a mentor. Digital India Internship Scheme 2018 is a major step towards the realization of transformative initiative of Digital India.
This scheme will ensure learning of students and will provide exposure to the students about technology policy and decision making of Indian government. All the interested and eligible candidates can fill the online application forms for summer training between 9 May 2018 to 23 May 2018.
Digital India Internship Scheme Online Application Procedure
Below is the complete procedure to apply online for internship:-
- Firstly visit the official website meity.gov.in/internship-scheme
- On the homepage, click at the “Apply for Internship” link which will take the candidate to an external website.
- Here click at the “Register Yourself” link and then the Internship Scheme Online Registration Form will appear as follows:-
- Fill all the necessary details and click the “Submit” button to complete the Registration process.
- Afterwards, candidates can click at the “Apply for Service” or “Login” and enter their username, password and captcha code and then click at “Submit” button.
After logging in, click at the “Apply for Services” and then click at “View Services”. Finally click at “Apply” tab to complete the application process for this internship scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for Digital India Internship Scheme 2018
This is a two month internship scheme which includes summer training i.e during May and June and winter training i.e during December and January. This internship can be extended upto 3 months as per the requirement of MeitY. The candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to become eligible for Digital India Internship Scheme:-
- All the students must have secured minimum 60% marks in the last degree or certificate examination, and
- Candidates must be pursuing B.Tech/B.E. and must be studying in the 2nd / 3rd year of the 10+2+4 educational pattern, OR
- Students must be pursuing Integrated Degree / Dual Degree (B.E. / B.Tech, M.E. / M.Tech.) and must be studying in 4th / 5th year of 10+2+5 education pattern.
- All the candidates having exposure to the related area with good academic background will be given preference.
Govt. will provide internship in the areas of Research and Development in Electronics and IT, Cyber Law / IT Act, Digital Forensics, Malware Analysis, Mobile Governance, Cloud Computing, Digital Literacy, Software / Hardware Industry Promotion and Digital Payments. All the students will be awarded a certificate on the completion of the internship and after final submission of report.
Important Dates for Digital India Internship Scheme 2018
Candidates must remember all the dates while the online application form for this summer internship by MeitY. The important dates are shown in the figure below:-
Selection & Placement under Internship Scheme
Selection – All the interns will get shortlisted / selected by the concerned organizations, groups or divisions in their respective domains. Interns shall have to clear a personal or Skype interview (if necessary). MeitY will not provide any TA / DA to the candidates for attending personal interview. Finally, the entire list consisting of the names of the selected candidates will get displayed on the portal.
Placement – Central govt. will assign a Scientific / Technical Project Supervisor or Mentor from the concerned ministry for each intern / batch. It must be noted that this internship does not assures or guarantee any employment within the government ministry.
Stipend & Certificate of Internship
Stipend – Each Intern will get Stipend of Rs. 10,000 per month on certification by Supervisor / Mentor. This stipend will be given on the completion of internship and final submission of report duly accepted by the ministry.
Internship Certificate – All the Interns will get the Internship Certificate on the completion of internship and final submission of report accepted by the concerned authority.
— For all other details, candidates can download the official notification in the PDF format through the link given below:-
Digital India Internship Scheme 2018 Notification