Maharashtra govt. has launched Swadhar Yojana 2018-19 for the students of Scheduled Caste (SC) and Nav Bauddha category. Under this scheme, students will get Rs. 51,000 per year as assistance from govt. for their studies in Class 10th, 12th, degree, diploma & professional courses. This aid will be given for their lodging, boarding facilities and other expenses.
All the students who have taken admission in Class 11th / 12th and thereafter professional and non-professional courses in 2018-19 are eligible for Swadhar Yojana. Even those candidates who have not got admissions to govt. hostel facilities despite being eligible can also avail scheme benefits.
Social Welfare Department of Maharashtra is going to implement this scheme for the welfare of poor and deprived candidates of SC and NB communities.
Maharashtra Swadhar Yojana 2018-19 – Eligibility & Apply Online
The candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to become eligible for the Swadhar Yojana:-
- An applicant must be a permanent resident of Maharashtra and must belong to SC or Nav Bauddha Category as notified by the state government.
- The annual income of the family of the students from all sources must not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakh.
- Student must possess a valid bank account linked to their Aadhaar Number.
- For professional courses after 10th, students should have taken admission in the course. Duration of course must not be less than 2 years.
- Students must have secured 40% marks in the previous examination.
- All the physically challenged must have at-least 40% marks to qualify.
Students must be a resident of district headquarters or within 5 km of Nashik City.
Maharashtra Swadhar Yojana (SY) Grants & Benefits
The state govt. will provide the following grants and expenses to the SC / NB students:-
|Boarding Facility||Rs. 28,000|
|Lodging Facilities||Rs. 15,000|
|Miscellaneous Expenses||Rs. 8,000|
|Students of Medical and Engineering Courses||Rs. 5,000 (additional)|
|Other Branches||Rs. 2,000 (additional)|