Maharashtra govt. has launched Atal Solar Krishi Pump Yojana (ASKP) for farmers to provide subsidy of upto 95% on solar agriculture pumpsets. Around 7000 pumps will be distributed to the farmers under Atal solar agriculture pump scheme in Maharashtra. This move is going to benefit farmers to a huge extent as the farmers would now be able to irrigate their farm land during daytime and their electricity bills would also get reduced.
Atal Solar Krishi Pump Yojana (ASKP) will promote the usage of solar energy in agricultural activities. Moreover, this will also reduce losses to the state govt. due to non-payment of electricity bills due to weak financial conditions. Currently, farming electricity dues stands a whooping Rs. 32,000 crore so govt. wants to shift the paradigm to solar renewable energy.
This scheme is going to promote usage of solar water pumps in agriculture. MahaUrja, the subsidiary company of MahaGenco is going to handle solar pumps distribution scheme.
Atal Solar Krushi Pump (ASKP) Yojana in Maharashtra
The state govt. of Maharashtra has announced solar power agriculture pump scheme on 4 October 2018 to distribute 7000 solar pumps to farmers to irrigate 14,000 Ha land. Atal Solar Krushi Pump (ASKP) Yojana will reduce subsidy outflow of Rs. 63 crore from state exchequer to supply subsidized power to farmers. This scheme will save Rs. 185 crore from cross subsidy and would help in channelising industrial development as power rates would get competitive.
1. Solar Agriculture Pump Scheme Application Form
ASKP solar agriculture pump scheme will benefit ryots as they can now irrigate the crops during day time. Moreover with an increase in demand for power, the shift of agricultural load to solar energy saves investment on costly thermal power. Solar pumps distribution is to be handled by MahaUrja (subsidiary of MahaGenco).
Farmers can submit their application for new solar pumps to office of MahaUrja and committee headed by District Collector will finalize the name of beneficiaries. The committee will consist of Tehsil, District Agriculture Officer, Assistant Commissioner of Social Welfare Department, Sr. Scientist of Groundwater Survey Board, Project Officer of Tribal Development Department, Superintending Engineer of MSEDCL and Divisional Manager of MahaUrja.
2. ASKP Agricultural Pump Scheme Benefits / Eligibility
Atal Solar Krushi Pump (ASKP) Yojana will promote the use of green energy, reduce pollution and will ensure that farmers have sufficient electricity for farming activities. Farmers with less than 5 acres of land needs to pay 5% (Rs. 12,000) for a 3 HP pump. Moreover, farmers with more than 5 acres of land needs to pay Rs. 30,000 to get 5 HP solar powered pump. The important features and highlights of this solar agriculture pump scheme are as follows:-
- Govt. will distribute 7,000 solar water pumps for irrigation under AKSP agriculture pump scheme.
- 25% of solar pumps will be of 3 HP (1750) and 75% of pumps would be of 5 HP (5250).
- The state govt. has allocated a budget of Rs. 239.92 crore for solar pumps distribution.
- The approximate cost of each solar farming pump of 3 HP is Rs. 2.40 lakh and for 5 HP is Rs. 3.25 lakh. Central and state government would contribute 95 per cent of funds.
- The solar pumps will enable farmers to irrigate their land during daytime. Out of the proposed 7k pumps under ASKP, 13.5% are reserved for the scheduled caste (SC) and 9% for scheduled tribes (ST) people
‘अटल’ योजनेतून शेतकऱ्यांना
7 हजार सौर कृषी पंप मिळणार
अल्पभूधारक शेतकऱ्यांची खावटी कर्जेही आता माफ pic.twitter.com/93pJSKXQNR
— CMO Maharashtra (@CMOMaharashtra) October 4, 2018
Cabinet committee has approved a proposal of energy department to install 1 lakh solar pumps across the state.