Maharashtra govt. has launched Asmita Scheme for women & girls. In this scheme, the state govt. will provide sanitary pads to girls in in rural areas at extremely lower prices. Asmita Yojana aims to promote hygiene and cleanliness among women during their menstruation period and also improve their health.
Asmita scheme is to give impetus to the pride of women and thus will result in “Women Empowerment”. Accordingly, Asmita Scheme will reduce the dropout rate in the state. The new Maharashtra govt. scheme will benefit all the female students between 11 to 19 years of age to maintain personal hygiene.
Latest News – Maharashtra govt. has launched a new portal for Asmita Scheme – regasmita.mahaonline.gov.in
Maharashtra Asmita Yojana Registration 2021
All local SGHs (Self Help Group) can register for the Asmita Yojana scheme. You can register with below simple steps
- Click on Register Button at portal
- You will see Register form. Fill the Aadhaar number & click on Send OTP Button
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number
- Enter that OTP and click on verify OTP button
- Finally click on Register button to register
Salient Features of Maharashtra Asmita Scheme
The important features and highlights of this scheme are as follows:-
- Govt. will provide 8 small sanitary pads at just Rs. 24 and larger sized pads at Rs. 29.
- Subsequently, all the girls studying in Zilla Parishad Schools can avail these packages at Rs. 5.
- For this reason, govt. will launch an app for the distribution of pads in rural areas.
- Asmita scheme will reduce the number of dropouts among schoolgirls.
- It is essential as the women which does not maintain menstrual hygiene are more susceptible for reproductive compilation.
- Under this scheme, all the female child between 11 to 19 years of age which remain absent for around 50 to 60 days per year during their menstruation period.
- To tackle menstrual problems, govt. will create awareness among girls and women in order to lead a healthy life.
- Asmita Scheme will help woman and girls to maintain personal hygiene. Govt. will focus on making affordable sanitary pads available to female in rural areas.
- Rural Development Department will act as a nodal agency to distribute sanitary napkins to women.
Govt. will implement this scheme with the help of Women Self-Help Groups. The primary objective is to increase the percentage of women using sanitary pads which currently stands at 17%. Due to shortage of sanitary napkins, the girls tend to miss schools.
Access Asmita Yojana Wallet
Asmita Scheme Wallet can be accessed through the link – https://cscservices.mahaonline.gov.in/DashBoard/Login.aspx
The page to check CSC Services Mahaonline Gov In Dashboard will appear as shown below:-
Self Help Groups (SHGs) in Maharashtra
SHGs are novel and innovative organizational setup in India for the women upliftment and welfare. All women in India are given chance to join any one of SHGs for training and development, so as to be prospective entrepreneur and skilled worker. The SHGs are promoted by the Government as if women in India may not be resourceful enough to be entrepreneurs.
When the SHGs arrange training facilities to carry out certain kind of work which are suitable for women in India, bank must arrange financial assistance to carry out manufacturing and trading activities, arranging marketing facilities while the Governments will procure the product of SHGs, arrange for enhancing the capacity of women in terms of leadership quality and arranging for the management of SHGs by themselves so as to have administrative capacity. As a social movement with government support. SHGs become more or less a part and parcel of the society.
Thus Asmita Scheme will help girls in maintaining hygiene and thus will lead to reduction in reproductive complications. Furthermore, govt. is also going to create awareness about the scheme.