Odisha Government has launched Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Yojana in order to provide free of cost legal assistance at Panchayat level. The scheme was launched on 24th December 2016 by chief minister of Odisha Mr. Naveen Patnaik. Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Yojana scheme is dedicated to the poor in the state.
Objective of Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Yojana
The main objective of Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Yojana is to provide free legal assistance to poor of the society and help him get the justice. The scheme aims to target the mass at grassroot level in every panchayat across the state.
Under the scheme, people will be made aware of their legal rights and also how to protect and uplift their legal rights.
The state government under the scheme would setup Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Kendra in panchayat office or Rajeev Gandhi Seba Kendra to settle legal disputes of poor. The government would organize ‘Sahayata Sibir’ every Saturday or maximum of four days per month to settle legal disputes of afflicting poor, women, backward classes, old persons of villages.
Under the Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Yojana, a fee of Rs. 500 per meeting would be paid to law officials while Rs. 150 will be paid to PEOs (Panchayat Executive Officer/Gram Rojgar Sevak) for management of legal cell.
Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Yojana Highlights
- Priority to women, children, senior citizens, ST & ST, and weaker sections of the society.
- Free legal aid to poor and needy.
- Sahayata Shibirs at Panchayat offices or Bharat Nirman Rajiv Gandhi Seva Kendras.
- Four days a month, Saturdays or Sundays.
- Lawyers to be paid Rs. 500 for each meeting.
- Rs. 150 award for PEOs (Panchayat Executive Officer/Gram Rojgar Sevak) for management of legal cell.