The state government of Rajasthan has announced a list of schemes and initiatives during the just concluded GRAM – Udaipur event. GRAM or Global Rajasthan Agritech Meet (GRAM) is an annual meet which was organized in Udaipur in 2017. GRAM Udaipur was jointly organized by Government of Rajasthan and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industries (FICCI).
Several new announcements have been made by the state government to increase the income of farmers along with providing them several facilities to improve their living standard. The GRAM Udaipur 2017 was aimed to making the farmers aware of new technologies / methods in agriculture and farm produces.
Rajasthan Govt. has signed MoU’s worth Rs. 488 Crore with 18 enterprises including for agro-processing, private mandi, training & education, warehouse, cold storage, Innovative crop canova and green house farming.
GRAM Udaipur 2017 – List of Schemes / Initiatives Announced
Below is the list of major initiatives announced during the GRAM Udaipur 2017 event by Rajasthan government.
- The government would invest about 488 Crore in Agriculture sector which will provide job opportunities to more than 7500 people.
- The government has already provide interest free loans to farmers worth Rs. 57000 Crore which will be taken to Rs. 75000 Crore in next 1.5 years.
- The interest rates on loans from land development banks and state cooperative banks would now be decreased to just 5.5%.
- The benefit amount of accidental insurance for farmers increased by 12 times from Rs. 50000 to 6 Lakh. In the next financial year, it would be further increased to Rs. 10 Lakh.
- Th government would add about 25 Lakh farmers under the insurance scheme withing this year.
- The amount given under Krishak Sathi Sahayata Yojana increased to 2 Lakh from Rs. 1 Lakh.
- Rs. 100 Crore fund being created for dairy industry and milk unions to benefit about 9 Lakh milk producers.
- 2652 Custom hiring centers to be established for providing agriculture equipment to small and marginal farmers.
- Development of projects worth Rs. 424 awarded to Udaipur.
- Rs. 1186 Crore rupees announced for the construction of 3167 Kilomerers of road in Udaipur.
There are several other majors announced by the Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje during the event, details of which have been published in the official press releases on Rajasthan govt. website at below links
More details about the GRAM Udaipur 2017 can be found on the official website of GRAM Rajasthan at www.gramrajasthan.in or on the official Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/GlobalRajasthanAgriTechMeet