Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana 2020 has been launched by the Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL). This scheme aims to provide viable power solutions to the people hailing from below poverty line (BPL), scheduled caste (SC) & backward classes (BC) backgrounds. PSPCL has allocated a total amount of Rs. 8.63 crore for this Kifayati LED Bulb Yojna to distribute for LED bulbs at the earliest.
In the Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana, each existing eligible consumer from BPL, SC and BC categories, availing electricity subsidy having sanctioned load upto 1 KW would be provided with 2 LED bulbs at Rs. 30.
In this article, we will tell you about the eligibility criteria, benefits and process of how to get LED bulbs.
PSPCL Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana 2020
In order to avail benefits of PSPCL Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana 2020, each applicant should firstly check the eligibility criteria, scheme benefits and then how to apply process. He we are going to tell you about these things one by one.
Eligibility Criteria for Kifayati LED Bulb Yojna
- He / she must be an electricity consumer from Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL).
- Applicant must belong to either below poverty line (BPL) or scheduled caste (SC) or backward class (BC) category.
- Applicant must be availing electricity subsidy from PSPCL.
- He / She must have sanctioned load upto 1 Kilowatt (KW).
Benefits of PSPCL Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana
All the selected applicants can get the following benefits under the PSPCL Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana:-
- The LED bulbs to be given in this low price Led bulb scheme consumes 80% to 90% lesser electricity.
- LED Bulbs given under PSPCL Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana are long lasting with upto 20,000 hours of running time.
- There is no chance of catching fire.
- These LED bulbs to be given by PSPCL are environment friendly.
- No use of Mercury like CFL Bulbs.
How to Apply for Kifayati LED Bulb Yojna
The consumers can avail benefits of Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana by contacting the concerned PSPCL office. To apply for the scheme, applicants will have to deposit copy of their current bill, identity proof and a self undertaking. After submitting the documents, applicants will have to deposit a nominal amount of Rs. 30. On successful payment, 2 LED bulbs would be given to the consumers of BC, SC and BPL categories which they can use for their domestic purposes.
It may be noted that BPL, SC and BC categories of consumers of PSPCL upto 1 KW of connected load get electricity concession of Rs. 200 units per month. Subsidy on account for the FY 2019-2020 as approved by PSERC is Rs. 1598.47 crore.