Mukhya Mantri Anila Bhagya Yojana (MMABY): The state government of Karnataka has launched its much awaited Mukhyamantri Anila Bhagya scheme to provide free LPG connection to its citizens. Under the Anila Bhagya scheme, the Karnataka government would provide free LPG gas connection along with a double gas burner stove and two cylinder refills to each beneficiary particularly BPL families. In this article, we will tell you how to apply by filling Anila Bhagya Scheme online application / registration form.
Anila Bhagya Scheme Latest Updates
Karnataka Anila Bhagya Scheme 2022 Apply Online
Under Mukhyamantri Anila Bhagya LPG Scheme, the state government provides free LPG connection, double gas burner stove, 2 cylinder refills to beneficiaries in the state. The beneficiaries can avail the scheme benefits by making Anila Bhagya Scheme registrations through online or offline modes. The application forms for the scheme would be invited through online mode. After the applications are made, the government would take about 30 days to process the applications and provide scheme benefits. Any BPL holder who has not availed the benefits of centrally sponsored free LPG connection scheme (PM Ujjwala Yojana) can apply online for Mukhyamantri Anila Bhagya Yojana.
Mukhyamantri Anila Bhagya Yojana Registration / Application Form
Online Application Process: The applications for the Anila Bhagya scheme will be invited through the online mode at the official website of Karnataka State government or a dedicated scheme portal. The interested candidate can follow the prescribed steps to make online registration for the scheme.
Offline Application Process: The offline application forms for the scheme can be submitted to the nearest Gram Panchayat in rural areas while people living in urban areas can apply for the scheme by visiting their respective ward offices.
Once the applications are made, the details of the applicants would be matched against the SECC-2011 data list to make sure the beneficiary has not already availed free LPG connection under PM Ujjwala Yojana. Applications of candidates found to have already availed Ujjwala Yojana benefits would be rejected.
Eligibility Criteria for Anila Bhagya Scheme
Below is the basic criteria for Anila Bhagya free LPG scheme in the Karnataka state:-
- The benefit of the scheme is only for Karnataka citizens who belongs to below poverty line (BPL) families.
- The PHH (Priority Household) and AAY (Antyodaya Anna Yojana) Ration Cardholders who do not possess an LPG connection are eligible.
- All construction workers who are registered with Karnataka Building and Other Construction Workers Board who do not have LPG connection.
- The applicants who possesses Aadhar number can apply.
- The beneficiaries of Ujjwala scheme will not be able to take the benefits of the scheme.
- After submitting the form, the name of beneficiary will be cross-checked with the data of Socio-Economic Caste Census 2011.
Funding Allocation of Mukhyamantri Anila Bhagya Scheme
- Food department would be the implementing department on behalf of other four participating departments namely Food Department, Consumer Affairs, Civil Supplies and Legal Metrology, KBOCWWB under Department of Social Welfare, Department of Labour and Department of Forest Ecology and Environment. Other departments/board/corporation of the Government willing to implement this scheme can approach the Food Department.
- Funds would be transferred from each department to the implementing department — the department of food and civil supplies depending on the number of beneficiaries selected under the particular department’s head.
- If an applicant belongs to various categories, then preference would be given according to the below-given preferences.
- Construction worker
- Forest Department
- Food Department
- Several departments transfer subsidy towards their set of beneficiaries to the Department of Food, Civil Supplies, Consumer Affairs and Legal Metrology.
- The Security Deposit (SD) for cylinder, regulator, Suraksha Hose, DGC booklet, inspection and installation charges and first refill charge would be paid to certain selected gas agency in advance by cheque/DD that would be handed to the gas agency by the Deputy Commissioner along with the MMABY beneficiaries every month.
- The subsequent refill charges would be paid to the gas agency every quarter as reimbursement on a claim made by the agency.
Implementation of Mukhya Mantri Anila Bhagya Yojana (MMABY)
- A district-level selection and monitoring committee managed by the Minister in-charge of the district is responsible for selecting the beneficiaries.
- The list of citizens who do not have non-gas households Ration Cards would be given to the district level selection and monitoring committee.
- Within the district, the Member Secretary calculates the number of beneficiaries in Phase-I FPS wise, following the same procedure that has been followed in calculating Phase-I target for the district in the State.
- The Member Secretary gives the guidelines of MMABY and hands over the target list FPS wise to the MLAs of the committee to select beneficiaries for Phase-I.
- If the MLA is unable to finalize the list of Phase I beneficiaries within a week, then the District Selection Committee recommends the authority to finalize the list.
- The Forest Department has decided the list of beneficiaries for the Financial Year 2017-18. Therefore the RFO would be responsible for entering their applications in the Common Application Form.
- The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana beneficiaries who have already received their gas connections will not be eligible for free gas stove and refills under the scheme.
- After communicating to the Phase-I beneficiaries, any female member in the PHH/AAY ration card of that family above 18 years of age can approach the Gram Panchayat office/Jana Snehi Kendra/Bangalore 1/Karnataka 1 centre and apply for MMABY in the prescribed application.
- All Phase-I applicant has to provide the Aadhaar number at the service Kiosk and ensure the presence of gas connection in the household.
- The applicant can select the agency present in that area while submitting the application.
- Once the application is completed, an endorsement would be issued to the eligible beneficiaries of Phase-I. This endorsement states that the applicant is eligible to apply for MMABY.
- The application would be forwarded to the food inspector. A unique Consumer ID number would be generated that is used for all subsequent purposes. The applicant receives an SMS after verifying by FI.
- A photocopy of cheque and the beneficiary list is sent to each beneficiary through FI. The beneficiary hands over the pre-filled application form, the MMABY acknowledgement, photocopy of cheque and release order to the LPG distributor.
- On getting clearance from the OMCs, the distributor releases the SV to the beneficiary and uploads the particulars in the Web Portal of FCS software using login-id and password.
Monitoring and Supervision of Mukhyamantri Anila Bhagya Yojana
The following authorities are responsible for monitoring and supervising the implementation and working of the scheme:
- Constitution of State Level Empowered Committee
- Constitution of a District Level Vigilance and Monitoring Committee
- Constitution of District Level Planning and Implementation Committee
- State and District Level Committee
Evaluation of the Mukhya Mantri Anila Bhagya Scheme
Karnataka Evaluation Authority (KEA) following the guidelines of the Department of planning, programme monitoring and statistics would be considered as external evaluators for the scheme to carry out the evaluation of the scheme.
Benefits under Anila Bhagya Scheme over PMUY
There are a few additional benefits being offered under the Anila Bhagya free LPG connection scheme over the Ujjwala Yojana as below.
- An additional gas stove would be provided to all the eligible BPL card holders under Anila Bhagya scheme.
- Whether eligible or not for Ujjwala Yojana, all BPL card holders to get free LPG connection under the scheme.
- No need to be present in SECC-2011 BPL list, just hold a BPL card and get a free LPG connection and a gas stove.
The total cost of the Anila Bhagya scheme implementation would be borne by the Karnataka state government and no central assistance would be provided.
Need for Mukhyamantri Anila Bhagya Scheme
According to the notification, the central government’s Ujjwala scheme has failed to cover all the beneficiary in the state. As per the released data, only 6-7 lakh beneficiaries have taken the benefits of Ujjwala scheme which was insufficient compared to requirement. In addition, gas companies in the state are working on improving the infrastructure in rural areas to provide door to door delivery of cylinders. The state government would also deliver the two burner gas stoves at the residences of beneficiaries.
MMABY Beneficiary Status Phase 1
Here is the direct link to check Anila Bhagya Scheme beneficiary status for phase 1 – https://ahara.kar.nic.in/fcsstat/stat_mmaby_phase1_ben.aspx
Anila Bhagya Yojana Earlier Updates
Here are some of the earlier updates regarding anila bhagya yojana. It is important to note that language of writing is as of the update date itself.
Anila Bhagya in Karnataka Budget 2018-19
Karnataka State govt. has allocated Rs. 1350 crore in Karnataka Budget 2018-19 to benefit 30 lakh people.
Anila Bhagya Yojana Advertisement
Below is the scheme advertisement published by the Chief Minister on his FB profile
Anila Bhagya Free LPG Scheme for BPL Families in Karnataka (Update As on 2 July 2017)
The state government of Karnataka is all set to launch “Anila Bhagya”, a free LPG scheme for BPL families in the state. Instead of launching the flagship scheme of central government “Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana”, the state govt has decided to launched its own free LPG connection scheme “Anila Bhagya” in the state.
The Anila Bhagya free LPG scheme is expected to be launched in the Mid of July. Under the scheme, state government would offer free LPG connections to BPL card holder families in the state. The Anila Bhagya scheme would be launched from one of the backward districts of the Hyderabad – Karnataka region.
UPDATE: The Anila Bhagya free LPG scheme is expected to be launched in December this year while the online registrations for the scheme may start in 15 days.
What is Anila Bhagya Free LPG Scheme
The main objective of the scheme is to provide clean cooking fuel to the families belonging to Below Poverty Line and reduce the health hazards caused by the use of traditional fossil fuel.
The selection of beneficiaries under the central government’s Ujjwala yojana is being done on the basis of SECC-2011 data while under the Anila Bhagya scheme, all the BPL card holders whether present in the SECC-2011 list or not would be entitled to get free LPG connection.
The scheme was announced in the Karnataka state budget of 2017-18 by chief minister Siddaramaiah. Under the Anila Bhagya scheme, about 1 Crore families in the state whether eligible for Ujjwala Yojana or not would get free LPG connection.
Gas Bhagya Scheme in Karnataka for Free Gas Connections to BPL Families (Update on 12 March 2016)
State Government of Karnataka is all set to launch a new scheme under the Bhagya schemes Outlay to provide free LPG connections to the women belonging to BPL households. The Karnataka government, under the Gas Bhagya scheme will provide a cooking stove and a domestic LPG connection to women members of each below poverty line (BPL) family.
The state government is also keen to implement the recently announced Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana by sharing the cost with Centre. The Gas Bhagya scheme is expected to benefit about 40% of almost 1 Crore BPL families who use karosene, firewood, crop residue or cowdung cake to cook food.
Karnataka Government had earlier launched such scheme to distribute the free LPG connections to those who get their quota of Karosene from fair price shops. But, under the new Gas Bhagya scheme, free LPG connections will be given to those relying on firewood, crop residue or cowdung cake to cook. The Gas Bhagya scheme is expected to be launched soon, however no exact date has been mentioned yet.
Highlights of Anila Bhagya LPG Scheme
Below given some features of the Mukhyamantri Anila Bhagya Scheme 2022:-
- All BPL cardholders are eligible to take the benefits of the scheme.
- The process of application will be completed within one month.
- The distribution of LPG connection under the scheme will begin soon.
- The government is prepared to cover about 15 lakh beneficiaries in the state.
- The government has earmarked total outlay of Rs. 1100 crore to implement of scheme.
- Total cost per connection is Rs. 4,040.
With this scheme, each Anila Bhagya Scheme beneficiary will get one free of cost LPG gas connection, one double gas stove burner, 2 cylinder refills.