Jharkhand govt. is going to launch Mukhbir Yojana to curb child marriage. Under this scheme, people who gives information regarding the child marriage plan to the authorities and becomes spy of govt. will get a cash reward of Rs. 1,000. Moreover, all the village panchayats with no case of child marriage in a single year will get Rs. 50,000.
Dept. of Health and Family Welfare has already sent this proposal to the central government for approval. The primary objective is to eliminate the curse of child marriage from the society. Necessary Counselling will be given to the child whose marriage was going to happen.
Tracking, Identification and Counselling of minor couples could be done by Sahiyas. They will make them understand the need of marriage at the appropriate age. Govt. will provide special training to all Sahiyas.
The 2 important provisions of Mukhbir Yojana which are being sent to the Union Govt. includes:-
- Reward of Rs. 1,000 –
- Any person who wants to avail this reward must provide information to the Helpline Service Number 104 regarding the incident of child marriage.
- This information should be provided before the marriage actually took place.
- The given information must be found correct.
- Finally, people will be able to receive a cash reward of Rs. 1000.
- Reward of Rs. 50,000 – Any village panchayat in the state which has no reported cases of child marriage for the entire duration of a single year will get Rs. 50,000.
This scheme will create awareness in an extensive manner and will ensure that the complaints are addressed in timely manner. Recently in May 2018, the state govt. has launched a new toll free helpline number service (104) to counter cases of child marriages. All the reports received from the helpline service are sent to the cell In-charge and is further transferred to officials for speedy action.
Till date, 10 complaints are being reported for child marriage through this helpline number with maximum complaints from Ranchi distict. In India, Jharkhand alone reports around 38% of total cases of child marriage. As per the official data, Godda district includes maximum cases of child marriage with 63.5% cases. Next comes the Garhwa and Deoghar districts with 58.8% and 52.7% cases respectively.