Telangana govt. has launched Integrated Fisheries Development Scheme (IFDS) on 5 September 2018. Under this scheme, govt. will spend most of the amount for fisheries development and will provide subsidy on the cost of inputs to the beneficiaries. CM K Chandrashekhar Rao has formally launched this Fisheries Scheme with an outlay of Rs. 1,000 crore.
Out of this Rs. 1,000 cr, the state govt. will spend Rs. 856 cr while Rs. 144 crore will be the share of costs of various inputs. For these inputs, the amount would be provided at highly subsidized rates to the beneficiaries.
CM KCR wants to develop fisheries production in the state and to raise the living standards of fishermen. At the launch event, CM also distributed valuable equipment to promote fish farming.
Telangana Integrated Fisheries Development Scheme (IFDS)
The important features and highlights of TS Fisheries Development Scheme are as follows:-
- The state govt. will provide inputs like supply of fish seed, construction of landings for boats and catch near lakes, tanks and reservoirs at 100% subsidy.
- Under IFDS, people will get 75% subsidy to purchase high quality nets, two wheelers and luggage autos, vehicles for mobile shops to sell fish. In addition, Insulated vehicles will also attract subsidy for the transportation of the catch.
- IFDS Scheme also comprises of provision for the construction of hatcheries to raise fingerlings, setting up of fish feed manufacturing units, processing and ice manufacturing plants at 75% subsidy.
- IFDS will also include subsidy ranging from 80% to 90% to set up kiosks for selling fish, fish products & boats.
- A total number of 1,61,376 units will be provided to around 5000 beneficiaries under IFDS.
CM KCR has launched this Integrated Fisheries Development Scheme (IFDS) on 5 Sept 2018 at People’s plaza near Hussain Sagar. At the official launch event, families of 2 fishermen received an ex-gratia of Rs. 4 lakh each who have lost their bread winners in accidents.
Objectives of IFDS Scheme in Telangana
This scheme is being launched in accordance with the following objectives:-
- Increasing fish production and productivity by providing backward and forward linkages & enhancing livelihoods of fishers.
- To achieve self-sufficiency in production of fish seed.
- Ensuring availability of fish to the consumers at affordable prices and in hygenic conditions by improving the marketing infrastructure.
- Welfare of fishers.
For more details, visit the official website http://fisheries.telangana.gov.in/ifd.php