Central government plans to expand Indian BPO promotion scheme (IBPS) under Digital India Programme. This scheme provides employment opportunities and promotes BPO operations for balanced regional growth of IT / ITES Industry. Under IBPS, govt. provides capital support and special incentives upto Rs. 1 lakh per seat. Initially, the number of seats were 48,300 which is now going to increase to 1 lakh seats.
Allocation of 31,732 seats for BPO Units in smaller towns has created new employment avenues for unemployed youths. This allocation would result in creation of 2 lakh new direct and indirect jobs to youths under IBPS or North East BPO Promotion Scheme (NEBPS).
IBPS facilities the opening of BPOs in smaller cities and till date, there are 91 BPOs in around 27 states. The primary objective of this BPO Promotion Scheme is to enable youths to find employment near their cities and towns.
Expansion of Indian BPO Promotion Scheme
Union govt. plans to expand BPO Promotion Scheme to 1 lakh seats (previously 48,000 seats). The central govt. will also establish India’s Largest National Data Center in Bhopal. Till date, govt. has disbursed Rs. 4 lakh crore as Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to poor people. The important features and highlights of IBPS are as follows:-
- Central govt. will provide financial support upto 50% of expenditure spent on BPO / ITES. This could be capital expenditure (CAPEX) & Operational Expenditure (OPEX) with maximum limit of Rs. 1 lakh / seat.
- Special incentives will be given for employment of women and specially abled people.
- Incentives for employment generation beyond the fixed target and wider disbursal within the state particularly in rural areas.
- Govt. will also encourage local entrepreneurs.
- Union govt. will provide special considerations for hilly areas like Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, J&K.
BPO Promotion Scheme will create employment for around 1.5 lakh direct jobs through its 3 shift operations. Various Indirect Jobs will also get created. For more details, visit the official website http://meity.gov.in/ibps
Govt. will also construct its fifth National Data Center in Bhopal. This would be the largest NDC with a capacity of 5 lakh virtual servers. National Data Centers has the task to host various govt. websites, services and apps. Till date, there are 4 National Data Centers located in Pune, Hyderabad, Delhi and Bhubaneshwar. For other info. on IBPS scheme, click at https://ibps.stpi.in/