PM Narendra Modi has announced landmark hike in remuneration for ASHA, ANM and Anganwadi workers. As per the announcement, routine incentives (Protsahan Rashi) given by the central government to Asha workers would be doubled. All Asha workers and their helpers can now avail free insurance cover under Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana & PM Suraksha Bima Yojana. Increased remuneration would be effective from month of October 2018.
PM Modi has made interaction with lakhs of Asha, Anganwadi and ANM (Auxiliary Nurse Midwife) workers through video conferencing. Now, PM has also increased honorarium being given to Anganwadi workers.
Also those Anganwadi workers and helpers who uses techniques such as Common Application Software (ICDS-CAS) would also get additional incentives.
Increase in Remuneration for Asha & Anganwadi Workers
The important features and highlights of the decision to increase remuneration of Asha, ANM and Anganwadi Workers are as follows:-
- Asha workers who gets encouragement amount (Protsahan Rashi) is now doubled
- Asha workers and helpers would get insurance coverage of around 4 lakhs for free. This 4 lakh insurance cover includes 2 lakh insurance coverage under PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana and Rs. 2 lakh insurance under PM Suraksha Bima Yojana. Moreover, all the asha workers and their helpers will not have to pay an premium amount for this insurance and central govt. would bear this cost.
- Also the honorarium for Anganwadi Workers has been significantly increased:-
- All those Anganwadi workers who used to get Rs. 3000 so far, would now receive Rs. 4500.
- Similarly, those workers who were getting Rs. 2250 would now get Rs. 3500.
- Anganwadi Helpers (Sahayika) would now get Rs. Rs. 2250 instead of previous amount of Rs. 1500.
- Prime Minister also announced that Anganwadi workers and helpers who uses modern techniques such as Common Application Software (ICDS-CAS), would now get additional incentives. These incentives would range from Rs. 250 to Rs. 500 on the basis of performance of Asha, ANM and Anganwadi workers.
केंद्र सरकार द्वारा आंगनवाड़ी कार्यकर्ताओं और सहायिकाओं के मानदेय में अभूतपूर्व बढ़ोतरी। pic.twitter.com/XhRE3CQr9L
— BJP (@BJP4India) September 11, 2018
PM addresses these Asha workers, ANM, and Anganwadi Workers as “Apne Lakh Haath” and said that the primary focus of govt. is to ensure quality “Health for All”. Immunization process of new born babies and giving proper education to mothers is being carried out on a massive scale.
PM Modi also lay emphasis on proper vaccination to benefit both mother and children. Now the training process of Asha, ANM and Anganwadi workers is now simplified with the introduction of new technology. PM interacted with teams of three as – the ASHA worker, Anganwadi worker and ANM (Auxiliary Nurse Midwife) from across the country through video conferencing.
He appreciated their efforts to work together, making usage of innovative technology and to improve the delivery of health and nutrition services and achieve the goal of the POSHAN Abhiyan.