Gram Sabha Meetings under the Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan will be held from 21st to 24th April. Under the Gram Sabha meetings, several welfare schemes will be discussed.
Discussions and decisions will be taken on several village development programmes. These programmes will help village communities generate more income and improve their lifestyle.
Schemes to be Discussed Under Gram Sabha Meetings
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana: Every villager’s dream of owning a house to be realized by 2022
- MGNREGA: Highest ever allocation of Rs. 38,500 Crore this year for providing employment to every family
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana: Banking facility for even the poorest along with insurance cover
- Atal Pension Yojana: Monthly pension of up to Rs. 5,000 for the poorest senior citizens
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana: Insurance cover of Rs. 2 lakh at a Premium of just Rs. 1 per month
- Free LPG connection to BPL families: 5 crore BPL families to benefit; Connection in the name of woman member
- Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana: All villages to be connected with all – weather roads by 2019
Gramoday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan is being held from 14 April to 24 April 2014 under which several welfare schemes will be discussed with villagers.
Government has also released Gramoday Android App to capture the events and share on the official website at http://gramoday.nic.in.