Goa govt. has raised incentives under Inter Caste Marriage Scheme by Rs. 1.5 lakh for registered couples. Any couple who is going to become married in which one of the spouse belongs to Scheduled Caste (SC) will now get Rs. 2.5 lakh as incentive. Previously, the state govt. was providing Rs. 1 lakh under Antar Jatiya Vivah Yojana (अंतरजातीय विवाह प्रोत्साहन योजना).
This encouragement amount would be given in order to promote the interest of people in marriage with a Dalit Girl / Boy. Moreover, the main focus is to put an end to caste system and bring social equality in the society. Only the couples who have registered their marriage would be able to take scheme benefits.
Directorate of Social Welfare is going to implement this scheme. For this, every couple in which any one of spouse is Dalit will have to make claim for this amount at the concerned authority.
Goa Inter Caste Marriage Scheme for SC / Dalits
The important features and highlights of this Inter Caste Marriage Scheme in Goa are as follows:-
- All the couples needs to have registered their marriage and lived together for at-least 1 year.
- Eligible beneficiaries will get one time award. But this award cannot be claimed after more than 3 years of marriage.
- The complete amount would be given to the couple in the form of fixed deposit in any nationalised bank.
- This FD will have a Lock-In period of 3 years only after which it can be withdrawan under Scheme for Interest Caste Marriage
- As per the designed scheme, main objective is to encourage inter-caste marriages in order to eradicate the evil of caste untouchability.
After the award is disbursed from fixed deposit to couple, they would have to submit a utilisation certificate for the amount within a period of 3 months. This scheme would also enable people belonging to economically weaker sections to settle in their initial phase of life.