Tamilnadu govt is already implementing TN Free Cow, Sheep and Goat Scheme 2022 for poor rural women across the state. This scheme is a combination of 2 schemes namely a) Free distribution of Milch Cows Scheme and b) Free Goat and Sheep Scheme. The Tamil Nadu state govt. is inviting online applications for 2nd component i.e Free Sheep and Goat Scheme in Virudhunagar city. In this TN Free Goat and Sheep Scheme, widows and destitutes can make registration at cowgoatscheme.tn.gov.in to apply online for 100% government subsidy. It is to be noted that there is no information of TN Free Cow Scheme in this city, so we are only telling you about Tamilnadu Free Goat and Sheep Scheme.
Tamil Nadu Free Goat and Sheep Scheme 2022
The new MK Stalin led state govt. is implementing TN Free Goat and Sheep Scheme for widows and destitutes in which govt. is offering 100% subsidy. Now all the widows and destitute’s living below the poverty line can now apply to get 5 goats or sheep with a 100 per cent subsidy in Virudhnagar of Tamil Nadu.
According to District collector J . Meghanath Reddy, around 100 beneficiaries in each of the panchayat under his jurisdiction will be given 100 sheep or goats in Virudhanagar district. Under TN Free Goat and Sheep scheme widows, destitute’s and female landless farmers are eligible to get benefits.
Conditions to Get TN Free Sheep and Goat Scheme Benefits
Only those candidates who fulfills the below mentioned conditions can avail benefits of TN Free Goat and Sheep Scheme:-
- The beneficiary of this scheme should be a permanent resident of the panchayat and their age should be at or below 60 years.
- They must not own livestock, and neither the applicant nor any of their immediate relatives – spouse, mother, father, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son, son-in-law, daughter, and daughter-in-law – must work for the state government, the federal government, cooperative organisations, or local governments.
- The applicant must not be a recipient of any of the existing free milch animals, goats/sheep distribution schemes, or other comparable programmes. Interested and qualified individuals can pick up applications at Animal Husbandry Department dispensaries in their area and return them by December 9 to the dispensaries.
Recently many such initiatives have been launched to help provide below poverty line farmers to have a source of income other than working on the fields, this scheme is currently aimed at helping provide widows and destitute’s with a way to earn their living is another form of the same scheme. However, it’s a good implementation of India’s ever-growing dairy industry and will surely provide lots of people with extra monthly income.
The cattle industry has emerged as a critical component of a more equitable and long-term agricultural system. over one-fifth (23%) of agricultural households with extremely tiny plots of land (less than 0.01 hectare) indicated livestock as their primary source of income, according to data from the National Sample Survey Office’s (NSSO) 70th round survey. Farming households with some cattle are better equipped to bear hardships caused by harsh weather.
Renaming of Earlier Amma Free Cow / Sheep / Goat Scheme
Earlier, former CM J. Jayalalithaa launched Amma Free Cow / Sheep / Goat Scheme which was continued by former CM Edappadi K Palaniswamy. The important features and highlights of this Amma Free Cow / Sheep / Goat scheme were as follows:-
Tamil Nadu Government Schemes 2022Popular Schemes in Tamil Nadu:Check TNPDS Tamilnadu Smart Ration Card Status Online at tnpds.gov.inTNSAND Tamilnadu Online Sand BookingTNSAND Online Sand Booking Status
- The state govt. was providing subsidy on purchase of cow, goat, sheep in backward areas of various districts.
- The state govt. and central govt. were jointly implement the scheme with 90% subsidy in the backward areas of 20 districts.
- Each woman beneficiary was getting 1 goat or sheep or cow absolutely free of cost.
- The central and state governments were jointly implementing the Amma Free Cow / Sheep / Goat Scheme in Tamilnadu.
- Tamil Nadu govt. was bearing the expenses of procurement, transportation, insurance, medicines and nutrition.
- Each beneficiary was to earn about Rs. 1.8 lakh to 2.7 lakh at the end of 6th year.
- Around 3,645 beneficiaries had benefited in around 81 panchayat unions.
The state govt. had insured around 2.5 lakh cattle in the year 2019 at a cost of Rs. 22.46 crore, extending subsidy to SC / ST and beneficiaries in BPL category. But now the scheme has been renamed as TN Free Cow, Goat and Sheep Scheme. Tamilnadu govt. has started Free Cow, Sheep and Goat Scheme in order to promote rearing of cattle, sheep, goat and to provide additional income to beneficiaries.
TN Free Cow, Goat and Sheep Scheme official website is https://cowgoatscheme.tn.gov.in/milchcowsheep/