The state government of Delhi is going to be launched Free coaching scheme and an app to apply for loans for students. Under the scheme, the state government will provide loan facility and free coaching for competitive exams for students of the SC, ST, OBC and minority communities. These two initiatives will launch by the Delhi government on 6 December 2017.
The state government has informed that the welfare department of SC / ST is already providing coaching to students but now the selected student will get the coaching in the reputed institution. In addition, the state government will bear the entire the fees of the students. These schemes will be operational by the welfare of students of SC, ST, OBC and minority communities, Delhi government.
However, these two initiatives to be launched at an event at Chhatrasal Stadium on December 6, by the CM of Delhi with members of the communities.
Free Coaching Scheme & an App for Students
As per the released notification, the SC / ST Department was taken a place on rent and hire some teachers to provide coaching classes but they were irregular and not that well attended. Therefore, the state government is going to launch a new scheme for students of SC, ST, OBC and minority communities. Under the scheme, the student will study alongside general category students at reputed coaching centres.
Main highlights of Free Coaching Scheme
- This scheme will provide coaching for engineering and medical entrances as well as Central and State government-held exams for various services.
- Subsequently, the beneficiary students will be selected from 75 % of government schools while 25 % students of private schools.
- Moreover, the students whose family income is under or below Rs. 2 lakh annually. The Delhi government will bear 100% of the fees.
- Besides, the students whose family income is between Rs. 2 lakh and Rs. 6 lakh per annum. The government will pay 75% of the coaching fees.
- Under the scheme, the state government will cover around 5000 students every year.
Apart from this, the state government will also launch a mobile App on the same day at Chhatrasal Stadium. This App will launch for the members of the SC, ST, OBC and minority communities. By using the app, these members will be able to apply for small loans to establish their own enterprises.
The Delhi SC/ST/OBC/Minority and Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (DSFDC) will provide the paperwork for the loans offered at the initial stage. After this, the paperwork will be completed within a week with the help of this new launching mobile app, as per the notification.