The Department of Science & Technology (DST) is inviting online applications for Women Scientist Scheme-B. Under WOS-B scheme, proposals are invited from women scientists and technologists who wish to utilize their scientific knowledge and temperament for the benefit of society. Interested women can download the DST Kiran 2018 Registration format and apply online for WOS-B scheme at onlinedst.gov.in
WOS scheme under Kiran division specifically addresses challenges confronting women in realm of Science & technology who had break in their career by providing suitable opportunities to return to mainstream science. This scheme specifically focuses on projects leading to S&T based solutions of societal issues and challenges for social benefits.
Interested and eligible candidates can make DST Kiran 2018 Registration for Women Scientists Scheme-B before 5th November 2018.
DST Kiran 2018 Online Registration – Women Scientists Scheme B (WOS-B)
All the eligible and interested women can develop their own project / proposals for scientific and technological solutions having a clear societal benefit. Below is the complete procedure to apply online for DST Kiran Registration 2018 for Women Scientists Scheme B:-
- Firstly visit the official e-PMS website started by DST for online submission of research proposals at onlinedst.gov.in
- At the homepage, click at the “Schemes & Formats” option present in the main menu or directly click this link
- Scroll down the page to get link to download the format for ‘Women Scientists Scheme B‘ under ‘Kiran Division‘ as shown in the figure below:-
- Afterwards, click at the “Download” link to download the Women Scientists Scheme B registration format to apply online. The direct link to download the WOS B scheme online application format is given below:-
- Candidates can send 2 hardcopies of submitted research proposal to Mrs. Namita Gupta, Scientists-F, Kiran Division, Department of Science & Technology (DST), Technology Bhawan, New Meehrauli Road, New Delhi – 110016. Applicants needs to superscribe the envelope as Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B) and for more details, visit the website dst.gov.in
All the projects should deliver possible solutions by the way of development of viable technology / technique and /or lab to land technology transfer. The project is tenable for max. 3 years and basic research proposals will not be entertained. DST Kiran 2018 Registration for Women Scientists Scheme-B is open till 5th November 2018.
Women Scientist Scheme B (WOS-B) Eligibility / Research Area
There are 3 thematic areas in which research proposals could be submitted:-
- Agriculture & Allied Sciences (AAS)
- Health, Food and Nutrition (HFN)
- Engineering & Technology Development (ETD)
.@IndiaDST invited proposals under Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B), from #women #scientists & #technologists to address #societal #challenge & deliver possible #solutions for #societal #benefits by 5th November 2018. pic.twitter.com/3UwpGOf0RP
— DSTIndia (@IndiaDST) October 10, 2018
Applicant women should possess qualifications in the science & technology areas and must fall in the age group of 27 to 57 years with break in career and interested in addressing well defined / identified social challenge through S&T interventions can apply online. Women who are currently working as regular / permanent employees are not eligible to apply online.
DST Kiran WOS-B Scheme Emoluments
The fellowship amount under the Women Scientist Scheme B (WOS-B) are as follows:-
|Course Name||Total Project Cost||Fellowship Amount|
|Ph.D. or equivalent||Not exceeding Rs. 30 lakh||Rs. 55,000 per month|
|M.Phil / M.Tech or equivalent||Not exceeding Rs. 25 lakh||Rs. 40,000 per month|
|M.Sc. or equivalent||Not exceeding Rs. 20 lakh||Rs. 30,000 per month|
The total project cost includes the fellowship of principal investigator (PI), consumables, travel, contingencies and minor equipments but excludes overheads.