Scheme for setting up of Driving Training Centres (DTC) now stands closed: Central government had launched Nationwide Driving Training Centre Scheme for Drivers back on 7 March 2018. DTC scheme aimed to carry forward the mission of govt. to ensure safer roads in India. Accordingly, govt. wanted to focus on enhancing driver skills and create employment and providing training to drivers through the use of World Class Technologies. Central govt. has operated this Driving Training Center Scheme till 31 March 2020.
Under this Driving Training Center Scheme, govt. set up standards and monitor driver training. In addition to this, govt. also issued Driving License on the basis of an objective scientific process of testing skills. Central govt. provided financial assistance of 50% of Project Cost (upto max Rs. 1 crore) to open Driving Training Center.
Driving Training Centre Scheme Application Form
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways is inviting application forms for DTC Scheme. All the candidates will have to fill the application form to get financial assistance for setting up Driving Training Center.
- Candidates can download Driving Centre Scheme Application Form through offline mode in notification as given here – http://jhtransport.gov.in/pdf/MoRTH_Guidelines_for_DTCs.pdf
- Accordingly, Driving Training Center Scheme Application Form will appear as shown below:-
- Moreover, candidates can also download the Authorization Certification for DTC Scheme through the official notification as specified above.
Furthermore, candidates must submit these application forms in the specified timelines to seek financial assistance.
Driving Training Centre Scheme Objectives & Concept
DTC Scheme was launched by central govt. in order to achieve the following objectives:-
- To provide financial support to private participants for setting up of Driving Training Centers.
- Accordingly, to provide high level training to commercial vehicle drivers to improve roads and environment safety.
Driving Training Center (DTC) Scheme was a skill development initiative which consists of physical infrastructure (land, simulators, vehicles, workshops). Under this scheme, govt. also provided skill training compatible to the standards of National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF).
Salient Features of Nationwide Driving Training Centre Scheme
The important features and highlights of this Driving Training Centre Scheme are as follows:-
- Central govt. aimed to make use of latest technology like Driving Simulators for driver’s training.
- DTC Scheme consisted of driving tracks with sensors.
- Trainees were able to mark their attendance through use of Biometric System.
- Under this scheme, govt. used Light Motor Vehicles (LMV) and Heavy Motor Vehicles (HMV) for training purposes.
- Govt. even provided financial assistance to open Driving Training Centers. However, priority was being given to open training center in Kaushal Vikas Yojana centers of the government.
- RTO can use the nearest center to test the skills of a driver before grant of Driving Licence (DL).
— For complete details of Driving Training Center Scheme, please see the official notification as specified above.
— For any further assistance, visit the official website – https://morth.nic.in/