The central government has launched Digital Police Portal for online request for passport verification, online complaint registration, verification of servants etc. The portal aims to create and maintain a single centralized national database of crimes and criminals by integrating CCTNS project with e-courts and e-prison data bases.
The Digital Police Portal which is now live at digitalpolice.gov.in is being designed and maintained by the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems Project (CCTNS). Out of a total of 15,398 police stations, 13,775 has been enabled into the digital platform to enter 100% of the data in the software.
The digital portal will allows police and central investigation agencies to conduct 11 searches and 46 reports from the national database of crimes and criminals. This database can be used by the state police and central investigation agencies to check the record or any information against any criminal for inspection purpose.
Online Complaint Registration at digitalpolice.gov.in Portal
For registering the online complaint against criminals for any crime, violence & illegal activity, the applicant has to follow the below procedure
STEP 1: The applicant has to visit the official website at http://digitalpolice.gov.in/ or click this link
STEP 2: Now click on “REPORT A CRIME” under the services for citizen column to registered a complaint
STEP 3: Then click on “Login” button on the next page for logging in and reporting a crime.
STEP 4: If you are already a user on Digital Police Portal, login with your user ID and password else click on “New User Registration” for registration.
STEP 5: Fill all the details in the registration form, verify your identity with OTP received on your mobile and complete the further steps. Once you are registered with the digitalpolice.gov.in portal, you can report a crime on the portal.
Benefits of Digital Police Portal
- The citizens can register online grievance against criminal and police officials.
- The citizen can request FIR online against crime for fast resolution.
- It provides various citizen-friendly services online such as request for police verification for issuance of passport, online tracking of the case progress, accessing victim’s compensation fund and legal services etc.
- The investigating agency will get all the information from the national database on crime and criminals.
- The national data on the portal would help expedite police investigations to solve crime and take informed decisions against illegal activities.
- On the digital police portal, central investigating and research agencies can also login to access the data of crime statistics.
This portal provides various links for welfare purpose of citizens and help provide justice to the citizens and aid investigation at various level.
To get more details about this portal visit at http://digitalpolice.gov.in.