Delhi Government has extended its higher education loan scheme to students who wish to study outside the capital city. The Delhi government’s “Higher Education and Skill Development Guarantee Scheme” provides education loan through banking system to students to pursue higher education. Till now the students who wanted to pursue higher education within Delhi were eligible for the scheme.
The announcement of the extension of the scheme came during an event at Talkatora Stadium where 372 students from Delhi Govt. schools who have cleared IIT-JEE (Mains) were present. The Higher Education and Skill Development Guarantee Scheme is for those who have completed their 10th and 12th from Delhi and wish to pursue diploma or degree level courses or specified skill development courses.
The main objective of the scheme is to provide financial support to meritorious students who wish to pursue higher education. following are the courses covered under the education loan scheme of Delhi Government.
- Approved courses leading to graduate/ post graduate degree and PG diplomas conducted by recognized colleges/ universities recognized by UGC/Government/ AICTE/ AIBMS/ ICMR etc.
- Courses like ICWA, CA, CFA etc
- Courses conducted by IIT, NIFT, NLU, IIFT etc
- Regular Degree/Diploma courses like aeronautical, pilot training, shipping, including those run by Polytechnics etc., degree/diploma in nursing, physiotherapy or any other discipline approved by Director General of Civil Aviation/Shipping/Indian Nursing Council or any other regulatory body as the case may be.
- Skill Development Courses as may be specified by Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
The loan provided under the Higher Education and Skill Development Guarantee Scheme would cover expenses like fee payable to college and hostel, examination fee, library & laboratory fee, caution or refundable deposit made to the institution, purchase of books, study equipment or computer at reasonable cost and any other expenses related to the study.
Apply Online for Education Loan Scheme in Delhi
Interested eligible students who wish to take admission for higher studies and require financial support can apply for the Delhi Government’s Higher Education and Skill Development Guarantee scheme online at official website of Delhi Govt. at studentloan.delhi.gov.in.
The list of approved banks for providing loan under the scheme is available at below link
List of Approved Banks for Loan
For more details about the scheme, please visit this link.