Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana – The state govt. of Delhi is going to start Delhi Free Coaching Scheme for SC and ST students. Under this scheme, Delhi government will provide free coaching for the preparation of civil services, law, engineering, banking and other competitive entrance examinations. Subsequently, the state govt. will bear the entire fees of the coaching of the students whose family income is less than Rs 2 lakh. This scheme is going to benefit around 5,000 eligible students of the state by the end of December 2017.
Delhi govt. will place the proposal on the cabinet bench to give it a final approval. This scheme is for the empowerment of the poor students through education. This scheme is applicable only for the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) category. Moreover, this scheme takes inspiration from Dr. B.R Ambedkar slogan for empowerment of economically backward classes through education – Jai Bhim. So the name of this scheme is “Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana”.
Highlights of Delhi Free Coaching Scheme
Delhi government has specified the provisions for this free coaching scheme which are as follows:-
- All the students of SC /ST category whose family income is below Rs 2 Lakh p.a will get 100% financial assistance for coaching. Accordingly, the state government will bear their entire fees of coaching classes.
- Moreover, the state govt. will provide the financial assistance of 75% to the students whose family income is between Rs 2 lakh to Rs 6 lakh.
Implementation of Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana
This scheme is necessary to implement as many intelligent students of SC / ST category lacks proper coaching from the renowned institutes. Therefore, the success rate for them is low in the competitive entrance examinations. Subsequently, this scheme is going to provide financial support for such candidates as follows:-
- At Government level –
- The proposal for this scheme is already made and is ready for Cabinet approval.
- Subsequently after the approval, department of SC /ST will put an advertisement to inform various coaching centers about the scheme.
- Afterwards, the department will go the institutes to make their voluntarily registration for this scheme.
- Finally, govt. will prepare a list of credible coaching centers and ask the candidates to make registrations.
- At Students level –
- The candidates will have to apply for the financial assistance by making registrations with any of the coaching centers present in the list.
- Subsequently, candidates have to appear for the qualification (eligibility) test of that particular coaching center.
- Accordingly, all the qualified candidates can then apply for the financial assistance for fees payment as per their eligibility.
- The state govt. will bear coaching fees of up to Rs 40,000 for preparation of IAS, IPS, Railways, banking and other competitive examinations.
- All the qualified candidates will also get Rs 2,500 p.m as expenses for books and study material for the entire duration of coaching.
- Furthermore, the state govt. will directly transfer the money into the bank account of the beneficiary.
The state govt. is going to launch this scheme for the up-liftment of students belonging to lower categories. Delhi Free Coaching Scheme will result in better performance of the SC / ST candidates in the competitive examinations.SAVE AS PDF