Haryana Government has approved the implementation of Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana under which the private developers will develop 1 Lakh housing units in the coming years in the state. The government aims to provide homes at the arte of Rs 1521 per square foot in cities like Panchkula.
Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana aims to develop low cost and high density housing colonies in low and medium potential towns where the and may be available for the development. The scheme has been approved under the Consolidated Licensing Policy 2015 of Haryana Government.
LATEST UPDATE: Application Invited for Grant of License
The flats under the Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana will be constructed by the private housing construction firms under the supervision of state government. The scheme will also help reduce the increase in unauthorized colonies in the state.
Under the Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana, all the developers will have to complete the housing projects within 7 years after the grant of the license. The developers will be allowed to develop the housing units only in the residential zones of the towns as specified in the respective master development plans.
Under the scheme, the license fee for the medium-potential towns will be levied at a rate of Rs 1 lakh per acre and for Rs 10,000 per acre for low-potential towns.
Features of Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana
- Builders or the land owners can build housing society or colony in 2 acre to 10 acres of land.
- Government will not acquire land for the builders, but the builders have to purchase the land themselves.
- Land owners will have the freedom to sell their land at the market rate.
- The CLU will be approved within 90 days after the application.
- Farmers will also be allowed to develop housing units on their land.
- Builders will be allowed to develop colonies in 25 acres of area instead of previous minimum of 100 acres.
- 2 Lakh homes will be constructed in the state under the scheme by the year 2022.
More details about the Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana can be found at the link below
OR you can download the official policy document from the website of TCP Haryana at www.tcpharyana.gov.in