Cyber Crime Prevention Scheme 2021 had been launched by the Jharkhand state govt. on 17 December 2020. This scheme aims to protect women and children from growing cybercrimes. The new scheme aims to start online cyber crime registration, capacity building, awareness creation and research and development units. Cyber Crime Prevention against Women and Children Scheme (CCPWC) was stated by the officials during the Home Department review.
Jharkhand Cyber Crime Prevention Scheme 2021
Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren lay special emphasis on police modernization and has directed officers to make a robust system to tackle growing cybercrime. In the last 5 years, around 4,803 cyber crimes have surfaced in Jharkhand, out of which 1536 cases have been disposed. In the months alone, 355 cyber criminals have been arrested. In order to protect women and children against cybercrimes, govt. has launched Jharkhand Cyber Crime Prevention Scheme. The state govt. is also going to ensure that students from the various schools statewide are trained for community policing.
Components of Cyber Crime Prevention Against Women & Children Scheme (CCPWC)
There are 5 components of Cyber Crime Prevention Against Women & Children Scheme (CCPWC):-
- Online Cyber Crime reporting Unit
- Forensic Unit
- Capacity Building Unit
- Research & development Unit
- Awareness Creation Unit
Online Cyber Crime Reporting Unit
- The Online Cybercrime Reporting Portal is a central citizen portal of the CCTNS project. Using this https://www.cybercrime.gov.in/ portal, an online cyber-crime complaint can be made by the victims of cyber-crime.
- It will provide a central repository for all such crimes, which will be used for publishing an annual analytical report regarding cyber-crimes, their trends and remedial measures etc.
- Also, this unit will provide a central repository for reference to law enforcement and regulatory agencies at the national, state and local level for cyber-crime related information.
- This unit will be responsible for development of an online cyber-crime reporting platform, publishing periodic analytical reports covering trends of cyber-crime, defining process flows for handling online complaints field by citizens and also responsible for assigning such complaints to the appropriate law enforcement agencies based on jurisdiction in the states/ UTs or to any central agency having jurisdiction for criminal investigation.
- This unit will work closely with forensic unit for all digital investigations at centre as well as at designated state forensic laboratories.
Forensic Unit in CCPWC Scheme
Proper collection and preserving of evidence related to cyber-crime and its analysis in line with the provisions of the IT Act and evidence Act is of utmost importance. A national cyber forensic laboratory will operate 24*7*365 basis. It would have all the latest forensic tool setup, which would be accessible to all central /state/ UTs as well as central/ State forensic laboratories as and when needed.
This unit will have a team of cyber security professionals to carry out vivid types of electronics forensic analysis and assist the law enforcement agencies in electronic forensic analysis across the country. This laboratory would carry all deep and advanced level forensic analysis.
Capacity Building Unit to be Setup in CCPWC Scheme
This unit will support capacity building of Central and State Police Forces, Prosecutors, Judicial officers and all other concerned stakeholder for all required capabilities like detection, investigations, forensic etc. Capacity Building Unit under Cyber Crime Prevention Scheme would also assist the state/ UTs officials in taking up long term courses to enhance the expertise in this area.
Research And Development Unit in Jharkhand Cyber Crime Prevention Scheme
In order to develop effective tools to detect obscene and objectionable content in the cyber space, a continuous refining is needed. Hence, there is need to take up research and development activities in partnership with research and academic institutions of national importance. These initiatives will help in improving the technology readiness and would be prepared to face any type of cyber-crimes. As part of research and development activities multiple Centres of Excellence (COE) will be developed in the country.
Awareness Creation Unit in Cyber Crime Prevention Scheme
There is need for a well-defined citizen awareness program by the government of India aimed at delivering cyber-crime dos and don’ts as a proactive mitigation initiative. Awareness about cybercrime and cyber hygiene will be introduced in schools in the early stages of education as a component of school curriculum. These awareness communications will be delivered via a web portal and mobile apps.
Jharkhand Government Schemes 2021झारखण्ड सरकारी योजना हिन्दीPopular Schemes in Jharkhand:Jharkhand Ration Card List 2021 | झारखण्ड नयी राशन कार्ड लिस्टJharkhand Ration Card Application Form / Green Card Apply OnlineFree Mobile Phone Scheme Jharkhand
Through this medium individual will be informed about the various types of cyber-crimes and information on how to securely use technology to protect themselves.Awareness campaigns like one day workshop, essay and elocution competition etc. will be conducted at schools, college level across the country and as a part of such programs brochures related to cyber etiquettes, do’s and don’ts and prizes would be distributed.
For more details on Jharkhand Cyber Crime Prevention Scheme, click the link – https://www.mha.gov.in/division_of_mha/cyber-and-information-security-cis-division/Details-about-CCPWC-CybercrimePrevention-against-Women-and-Children-Scheme