Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has approved 5.60 lakh (5,60,695) more affordable houses under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban Component. Under PMAY Urban Housing Scheme, central govt. aims to provide affordable houses to the poor people in urban areas who does not own their home. Central Sanctioning & Monitoring Committee has taken this decision in CSMC 43rd meeting held on 25 February 2019.
In CSMC 43rd meeting, a total number of 1,243 projects have been approved in 18 states/UT across BLC / AHP / ISSR verticals. The total project cost is Rs. 33,873 crore with central assistance of Rs. 8,404 crore. The cumulative number of pucca houses sanctioned by the central govt. now reaches over 79.04 lakh under PMAY Urban Housing Scheme. The total number of projects approved so far under PMAY U is now 16,506.
Central govt. is going to construct these new houses in 17 states namely Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Manipur, Tamil Nadu, Bihar, Odisha, Chattisgarh, Kerala, Haryana, Rajasthan, Jharkhand, Assam, Meghalaya along with 1 UT Puducherry.
CSMC 43rd Meeting – 5.60 Lakh More Houses under PMAY Urban Housing Scheme
The number of houses approved (state-wise) under PMAY Urban in the 43rd CSMC meeting held on 25 February 2019 are as follows:-
|State Name||Houses Sanctioned under PMAY Urban (U)|
|Total (17 states & 1 UT)||5,60,695|
All the poor and deprived people belonging to various sections of the society can now apply online by filling Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Application Form. Central govt. has sanctioned 5,60,695 more affordable houses in CSMC 43rd Meeting held on 25 February 2019.
After subsuming projects of Rajiv Awas Yojana (RAY) Scheme, the total number of houses sanctioned for urban poor under PM Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY-U) is now 79,04,674.
More than 5.6 lakh houses have been approved across 18 states in the 43rd CSMC meeting under #PMAYUrban.
The cumulative number of houses approved under the mission so far has crossed 79 lakh. #HousingForAll pic.twitter.com/nbWumDXKRa
— Housing For All (@PMAYUrban) February 25, 2019
Poor people belonging either to economically weaker sections (EWS), lower income group (LIG), medium income group (MIG) and higher income groups (HIG) can now avail the benefits under PMAY Urban Housing Scheme. PMAY-U benefits includes assistance to get a new house of their own or getting subsidy for house reconstruction (renovation) of an existing house. PMAY – Urban Housing for All (PMAY-HFA) Scheme is a flagship scheme of Narendra Modi govt. to provide affordable houses to poor people.
Houses Approved in Previous CSMC Meetings under PMAY Urban Housing Scheme
The complete details on the total number of houses sanctioned under PMAY-U housing scheme in previous held CSMC meetings can be checked through the links given below:-
- CSMC 42nd Meeting – 4.78 lakh more houses under PMAY Urban affordable housing scheme
- CSMC 41st Meeting – 3.10 lakh affordable houses under PMAY Urban Housing Scheme
- CSMC 40th Meeting – 2.05 lakh affordable houses under PM Awas Yojana Urban
- CSMC 39th meeting – 2.15 lakh more houses under PMAY-U
- CSMC 38th meeting – 6.28 lakh more houses under PMAY-U
- CSMC 37th meeting – 1.12 lakh more affordable homes under PMAY-U
- CSMC 36th meeting – 2.67 Lakh affordable homes under PMAY-U
- CSMC 35th meeting – 3.19 lakh more homes under PMAY U
- CSMC 34th meeting – 1.5 lakh more houses under PMAY U
- CSMC 33rd meeting
- CSMC 32nd meeting – 3.21 lakh more affordable houses under PMAY U
- CSMC 31st meeting – 1.28 lakh more affordable houses under PMAY U
- CSMC 30th meeting – 1.86 lakh more affordable houses under PMAY U
- CSMC 29th meeting – 5.45 lakh more affordable houses under PMAY U
Visit the official website https://pmaymis.gov.in/ to get full details on Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban Housing Scheme.