Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has sanctioned 4.78 lakh (4,78,670) more affordable houses under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban. Under PMAY U Housing Scheme, central govt. aims to provide affordable houses to the poor people in urban areas who does not have shelter of their own. Central sanctioning & monitoring committee has taken this decision in CSMC 42nd meeting held on 30 January 2019.
In CSMC 42nd meeting, a total number of 940 projects in 10 states have been approved. The total project cost is Rs. 22,492 crore with central assistance of Rs. 7,180 crore. The total number of pucca houses sanctioned by the Union govt. reaches over 72.66 lakh under PMAY Urban Housing Scheme.
Central govt. is going to construct these new houses in 10 states namely Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala, Maharashtra, Odisha, Bihar and Uttarkhand.
CSMC 42nd Meeting – 4 Lakh More Houses under PMAY Urban Housing Scheme
In order to give an impetus to the PMAY urban housing scheme, central govt. has already reduced the GST from 12% to 8% GST under CLSS Component of PM Awas Yojana – Urban. The important features and highlights of decisions taken in 42nd CSMC meeting held on 30 January 2019 are as follows:-
|State Name||Houses Sanctioned under PMAY Urban (U)|
|Total (10 states)||4,78,670|
Poor people belonging to various sections of the society can now apply online by filling Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Application Form. Central govt. has sanctioned 4,78,670 more affordable houses in 42nd CSMC meeting held on 30 January 2019.
After subsuming projects of Rajiv Awas Yojana (RAY) Scheme, the total number of houses sanctioned for urban poor under PM Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY-U) is now 72,65,763.
— Hardeep Singh Puri (@HardeepSPuri) January 31, 2019
All the poor people belonging to economically weaker sections (EWS), lower income group (LIG), medium income group (MIG) and higher income groups (HIG) can avail the benefits under PMAY Urban Housing Scheme. PMAY-U benefites includes assistance to get a new house of their own or getting subsidy for house reconstruction. PMAY – Urban Housing for All (PMAY-HFA) Scheme is a flagship scheme of Narendra Modi govt. to provide affordable houses to poor people.
Approved Houses in Previous CSMC Meetings under PMAY Urban Housing Scheme
Full details of total number of houses sanctioned under PMAY-U housing scheme in previous CSMC meetings can be checked through the links below:-
- CSMC 41st Meeting – 3.10 lakh more affordable houses under PMAY Urban Housing Scheme
- CSMC 40th Meeting – 2.05 lakh more affordable houses under PM Awas Yojana Urban
- CSMC 39th meeting – 2.15 lakh more affordable houses under PMAY-U
- CSMC 38th meeting – 6.28 lakh more affordable houses under PMAY-U
- CSMC 37th meeting – 1.12 lakh more affordable houses under PMAY-U
- CSMC 36th meeting – 2.67 Lakh more affordable houses under PMAY-U
- CSMC 35th meeting – 3.19 lakh more affordable houses under PMAY U
- CSMC 34th meeting – 1.5 lakh more affordable houses under PMAY U
- CSMC 33rd meeting
- CSMC 32nd meeting – 3.21 lakh more affordable houses under PMAY U
- CSMC 31st meeting – 1.28 lakh more affordable houses under PMAY U
- CSMC 30th meeting – 1.86 lakh more affordable houses under PMAY U
- CSMC 29th meeting – 5.45 lakh more affordable houses under PMAY U
Go to the official website https://pmaymis.gov.in/ to get complete details on Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban Housing Scheme.