Co-Win Mobile App has been launched by the central government which is for administrators. People can make self registration on Co-WIN portal at cowin.gov.in to get COVID-19 vaccine. In India, 3 makers of Coronavirus vaccine namely Pfizer, Serum Institute, Bharat Biotech had applied for emergency use authorisation of their vaccine candidates which have now been approved. The COVID 19 vaccination drive begins on 1 March 2021 for people above 60 years of age and above 45 years age & having comorbidities. Health ministry earlier on 8 January 2020 had revealed the details of how the entire vaccination programme will be conducted.
CO-WIN Mobile App Download Latest Updates
The dry runs for COVID-19 vaccination were running in various states to test the preparation of giving vaccines to people. These dry runs have been successfully completed and vaccination of Frontline workers has also been completed. Logistics support is now ready to keep vaccines and providing these to the priority groups. Indian armed forces are also included in supply of Coronavirus vaccines to people. Co-Win mobile app has now been launched at which people can make pre-registration to get vaccine.
Co-Win Mobile App Download (Winning Over COVID-19)
Here is the direct link for Co-Win Mobile App Download from google play store for all android smartphone users who are administrators – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cowinapp.app&hl=en_IN&gl=US
The page to download Co-Win App at the google playstore will appear as shown below:-
People can simply click at the “Install” button to start downloading the CO-WIN App automatically at your mobile device.
Benefits of Co-WIN App (Only for Administrators)
The central govt. has created a CO-WIN mobile app which is able to monitor the entire vaccination process i.e from the registration to verification. Co-Win, the new app is available for free download, is an upgraded version of the Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN). This Co-Win Mobile Application is currently meant for CoWIN Facility level users to perform following tasks as Vaccinator, Supervisors and Surveyors.
- Beneficiary Registration: Based on identified priority group by Government of India, Beneficiary can be registered on the Application.
- Beneficiary Verification: Beneficiary’s relevant details can be captured in encrypted form which can be utilised to ensure that vaccine is administered to relevant Beneficiary. This is applicable at the time of registration as well as vaccination.
- Aadhaar Authentication: To ensure de-duplication , Beneficiary’s Aadhaar authentication can be done from the application in the form of OTP and Demographic Authentication. This is applicable at the time of registration or at the time of validation.
- Vaccination Status: Based on dose schedule, vaccination status of Beneficiary can be updated from not vaccinated to partially vaccinated and partially vaccinated to vaccination completion.
- AEFI Reporting: Adverse Event following Immunization can be reported from the application.
People can now download Co-WIN mobile app from google play store to get themselves registered for COVID-19 vaccine.
Methods to Make CoVID-19 Vaccine Registration for Citizens
There are various methods to make COVID-19 Vaccine Registration through online or offline mode:-
Central Government Schemes 2021केंद्र सरकारी योजना हिन्दीPopular Schemes in Central:प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना 2021 के लिए ऑनलाइन आवेदन कैसे करें – पूरी जानकारीPM Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G)Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Co-Win Portal – All the people can access the central govt’s Co-Win Portal at https://www.cowin.gov.in/home. Co-WIN is a platform for the citizens of India to Register for COVID-19 vaccination and schedule their vaccination slots at the nearest vaccination centers.
- Arogya setu App – Aarogya Setu App also facilitates a person to make COVID-19 Vaccination Registration.
- IVRS centre – Arogya Setu Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) is a toll-free service, available across the country. Here citizens can give a missed call to the number 1921 and they will get a call back requesting for inputs regarding their health, the Ministry said in a statement on Monday.
List of Documents for Coronavirus Vaccine Registration
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID Card
- NPR Smart Card
- Driving License
- Documents of Pension
- PAN Card
Salient Features of CO-WIN Mobile App for COVID-19 Vaccine Self Registration
The important features and highlights of the CO-WIN App for Self Registration of COVID-19 vaccine are as follows:-
- This Co-WIN mobile app is useful for all those engaged in the process – administrators, vaccinators and people who are going to receive these vaccine shots.
- The government will be vaccinating old age people in Coronavirus Vaccination 2nd Phase starting from 1 March 2021 onward. All the frontline workers including all healthcare professionals already got COVID-19 vaccine in the first stage. Even the emergency workers were included in Coronavirus vaccination. The data of these people who were covered in Phase 1 had been compiled by the state governments.
- In the second phase, people with co-morbidity and above 45 years of age or people with more than 60 years are to be given vaccines and self-registration has been introduced.
- Co-Win platform includes a free downloadable mobile application which can help record vaccine data. People would be able to apply online for Coronavirus vaccination through the Co-WIN mobile app.
- There are five modules in Co-WIN app: Administrator module, registration module, vaccination module, beneficiary acknowledgement module and report module. Reports said each vaccination will take at least 30 minutes and only 100 people will be administered in each session.
- The administrator module is for the administrators who will be conducting these vaccination sessions. Through this module, they can create sessions and the respective vaccinators and managers will be notified.
- Registration module is for people to get registered for vaccination. It will upload bulk data on co-morbidity provided by local authorities or by surveyors.
- Vaccination module will verify beneficiary details and update vaccination status.
- Beneficiary acknowledgement module will send SMS to beneficiaries and also generate QR (matrix barcode) based certificates after one gets vaccinated.
- Report module will prepare reports of how many vaccine sessions have been conducted, how many people have attended those, and on how many people have dropped out.
- The app will also send real-time data of the temperature of the cold-storage units to the main server.
The total number of Covid-19 cases reached 1.11 crore, the total number of recovered cases is 10.8 M while death toll rises to 1,57,000 people.
PM Modi Taking COVID-19 Vaccine (Covaxin)
Early on 1 March 2021, PM Modi has taken the COVID-19 Vaccine at 9 a.m in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). The second phase includes people of above 60 years or age along with people above 45 years with comorbidities. PM Modi is above 60 years of age, so he has taken Covaxin to inculcate confidence among people that indigenous vaccines are safe.
COVID-19 Vaccination Drive in India
Every single India who needs to be vaccinated will be vaccinated, which roughly includes one crore healthcare workers, two crore front line workers and 27 crore of prioritized age groups. The central government will take a final call on the stages of COVID-19 Vaccination drive in India and these stages may not be sequential. Depending on the availability of the vaccines, these can go on simultaneously.
Both Serum Institute of India which is producing Oxford-Astrazeneca vaccine and Bharat Biotech, which is producing the first indigenous vaccine, have approached the regulator for emergency use licence. Pfizer India was, however, the first one to approach the Drugs Controller General of India for a licence after the United Kingdom and Bahrain gave the nod to the vaccine candidate.