Chhattisgarh government has launched Krishak Jeevan Jyoti Yojana (KJJS) for farmers. The state govt. has allocated a sum of Rs. 2,500 crore in Budget 2021 presented by CM Bhupesh Baghel. Now all the farmers in any category of irrigation pumps will possess flat rate facility in their billing. Only the number of pumps will be taken into consideration rather than the capacity and consumption.
KJJS expansion is going to provide a huge relief to farmers. On the basis of choice of farmers, capacity and number of pumps would serve as the base for power supply according to the given flat rates. Flat Power Supply rates are now fixed by the state government to ensure that there is no misguidance for the farmers.
CG Krishak Jeevan Jyoti Yojana (KJJS)
Chhattisgarh Krishak Jeevan Jyoti Yojana will provide major relief to the farmers under KJJS Yojana. Under this scheme, all farmers having all pumps without any limit to capacity and consumption would have flat rates for billing. However, this bill will be based on the number of pumps for which different rates have been proposed. This would be subject to the choice of farmers, only after which capacity or number of pumps will be the base of power supply as per given flat rates.
Flat Rates of Power Supply for Farmers in Krishak Jeevan Jyoti Yojana
|Capacity||Number of Pumps||Flat Electricity Rates|
|Less than or Upto 5 HP||1st & 2nd Pumps||Rs. 200 per HP per month|
|Less than or Upto 5 HP||3rd, 4th & Other Pumps||Rs. 300 per HP per month|
|More than 5 HP||1st & 2nd Pumps||Rs. 200 per HP per month|
|More than 5 HP||3rd, 4th & Other Pumps||Rs. 300 per HP per month|
Under Sahaj Bijli Bill Scheme under Krishak Jeevan Jyoti Yojana, now the balance amount of electricity of farmers would be calculated on flat rate basis on the basis of their chosen alternative.
Farmers will then receive payment facility under Krishak Jeevan Jyoti Yojana. The period to present alternative is upto 31 March 2021.
Chhattisgarh Cabinet Meeting – Pregnancy Leave & Other Decisions
The major other decisions taken by the state’s cabinet committee are as follows:-
- Pregnancy Leave for Contractual Employees – Women employees who are previously deputed on contract basis will get 180 days pregnancy leave (with payment). This is in accordance with the policy of govt. on permanent women employees. However, this leave comes with a pre-condition that the employee must not have more than 2 living children. This 180 days leave or till date on completion of appointment period, whichever is the earlier would be applicable.
- Relaxation of Direct Recruitment – Direct recruitment for Class 3 category posts on the basis of compassionate appointment with 10% limit is relaxed for 1 and half months.
- 505 Sub-Engineer Posts – Cabinet Committee also sanctions 505 assistant engineer posts to promote sub-engineers who are working with Water Resources Department. They will now get promoted to assistant engineer posts.
Setting Up of Chhattisgarh State Kesh Shilpi Kalyan Board
To protect traditional barber community and their business, govt. will setup CG State Kesh Shilpi Kalyan Board (Chhattisgarh State Barber’s Welfare Board). This board will comprise of 1 chairman and 2 profession related members (1 woman) under Social Welfare Department.
Chhattisgarh State Kesh Shilpi Kalyan Board will comprise of representatives of finance, panchayat and rural development, social welfare, labour, urban administration and development department, Scheduled Tribe and Scheduled Caste Development Department, Skill development, technical education, employment and science and technology department.
Chhattisgarh Government Schemes 2021छत्तीसगढ़ सरकारी योजना हिन्दीPopular Schemes in Chhattisgarh:RTE Chhattisgarh Admissions 2021-22CEO Chhattisgarh Voter List 2021-2022Mukhya Mantri Gyan Protsahan Yojana
Additional director of Social welfare department would be board member secretary. The primary objective to setup this boars is to promote the holistic development of barber community who are traditionally involved in the business of hair cutting. Moreover, all the recommendations will be taken into account and will be implemented by policy. This policy will possess social, economical and educational progress status of community. This report could then be recommended to state government for implementation.
CG Sahaj Bijli Bill Yojana for BPL & Other Domestic Consumers (Update As on 21 August 2018)
Chhattisgarh govt. has even approved CG Sahaj Bijli Bill Yojana for Below Poverty Line & other Domestic Consumers earlier in 2018. Under this scheme, all the BPL people can avail free electricity upto 30 unit consumption and then avail power at flat rates. Even there is an option to make Electricity Bill Payment at Flat Rate of Rs. 100 per month. Other domestic consumers (of 1 KW capacity) having less than 100 units consumption can also opt for the facility of flat rates for electricity.
Chhattisgarh Sahaj Bijli Bill Yojana 2018 for BPL and other Domestic Consumers will now reduce their electricity bills. The state govt. has made a provision to provide relief of around Rs. 500 crore to BPL families. This scheme will benefit more than 12 lakh people.
Salient Features of CG Sahaj Bijli Bill Yojana for BPL & Domestic Consumers
The important features and highlights of this CG Sahaj Bijli Bill Yojana are as follows:-
For Below Poverty Line (BPL) People
- Free Electricity upto 30 Units p.m – All the people belonging to BPL category will not have to pay any electricity bill on power consumption of upto 30 units. First 30 units electricity consumption would be absolutely free of cost.
- Bill Payment at Flat Rates for after 30 units p.m – All the people belonging to BPL families will have to make Bill Payment at flat rates after consumption of these free 30 units of power every month.
- Bill Payment at Flat Rs. 100 Rate (Optional) – The state govt. is also providing an option to the BPL families to make their Electricity Bill Payment at flat rate of Rs. 100 p.m. However, this service is optional.
For Domestic Consumers with less than 1 KW p.m Usage
All such other domestic consumers whose electricity load is less than 1 KW in any month can also avail the scheme benefits. They will be given a choice to make electricity bill payment at flat rates. However, this facility would remain available to those users who consumes less than 100 units electricity per month.
This scheme will benefit more than 12 lakh poor people. Around Rs. 500 crore of BPL and Domestic Consumers will be saved by this scheme. Chhattisgarh Sahaj Bijli Bill Yojana 2018 for BPL and other Domestic Users is approved in the cabinet meeting held on 21 August 2018.