Table of Contents
The state government of Odisha has launched a new scheme on 22nd December for safety of HIV positive orphan children. Named as “Biju Sishu Suraksha Yojana”, the scheme aims to protect children who are without biological or adoptive parents, legal guardians, affected/infected with HIV and found to be most vulnerable.
Biju Sishu Suraksha Yojana – Care & Protection
Under the scheme, the state government would provide financial support for their education till higher secondary. The main objective of Biju Sishu Suraksha Yojana is to take care and protect such children through rehabilitation.
The scheme would also provide financial support for marriage if the beneficiary is a girl child.
Financial Support under Biju Sishu Suraksha Yojana
Apart from financial support for studies and marriage of girl child beneficiary, the state government would also provide Rs. 7,000 to Rs 40,000 for technical education to the beneficiary. The support will help meet the expenses like admission and tution fee, study material and other related expenses
Highlights of Biju Sishu Suraksha Yojana
- Financial support for studies up to higher secondary.
- Rs. 20,000 reward after passing higher secondary.
- Scholarship to 3 meritorious students every year in each district.
- Financial support to girl child beneficiary for her marriage.
- Rs 1,000 per year deposit in the Sukanya Samridhi Account of the girl child till she attains the age of 18 years.
- One time token assistance of Rs 50,000 for girls and Rs 40,000 for boys on completion of 18 and 21 years respectively to facilitate marriage ceremony.
Biju Sishu Suraksha Yojana was launched by the chief minister Mr. Naveen Patnaik upon completion of five years of Mamata Yojana. Along with this, CM also launched a new scheme for nutrition requirements of children and mothers which will be operational from 2017 to 2020.