Haryana Government is going to provide bank loans to the Cobblers to set up their kiosks (small counters). Subsequently, govt. will provide loan amount of up to Rs. 15,000 under Differential Rate of Interest (DRI) Scheme. Accordingly, this scheme will provide easy & hassle free loans. This scheme is launched for their financial inclusion in the mainstream.
Accordingly under DRI Scheme, several public and private sector banks provides loans at 4% interest rates. Moreover, these loans are given to the people of various selected low-income groups to boost their new / existing businesses.
The state govt. should also make arrangements for loan recovery and also provide loan repayment from CM Relief Fund in case on non-payment of the loan amount by the beneficiary.
Haryana Cobblers Bank loans – DRI Scheme
The important features and highlights of this loan scheme are as follows:-
- Cobblers in Haryana can get loan amount of Rs. 15,000 from banks to start their own business.
- Subsequently in response to this scheme, various banks are willing to provide loans to the cobblers.
- Under DRI Scheme, cobblers will now get loans at 4% to boost their productive work.
- Several Banks will provide maximum support to the economically weaker cobblers under DRI Scheme to bring them in the mainstream.
- For this reason, state govt. will have to ensure the back-up arrangement for the banks. If any person does not repay his / her loan on time, then state govt. should make repayment of the loan amount through the Chief Ministers Relief Fund.
- Furthermore, state govt. has also urged the bankers to contribute some part of the profits earned in social works under Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) scheme.
CM Khattar on his way to the Chandigarh met a cobbler working in Shahabad working in miserable situation. Subsequently, he announces financial assistance from CM Fund and give further directions to the concerned authorities to set up a working stall (kiosk) for him.