आत्मनिर्भर उत्तर प्रदेश रोजगार अभियान को PM गरीब कल्याण रोजगार अभियान के तहत लॉन्च किया गया है, यह योजना 50 हजार करोड़ फ़ंड से 125 दिनों के लिए मिशन मोड में होगी शुरू, 1.25 करोड़ लोगों को मिलेगा रोजगार, 18 विभागों में मिलेगी नौकरी
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has started Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan on 26 June 2020. This UP Garib Kalyan Rojgar Yojana is an employment scheme which is specifically designed to provide job opportunities to 1.25 crore residents of Uttar Pradesh. It is a part of the recently launched PM Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyaan in which UP state has been selected for implementation. In the Atma Nirbhar UP Rojgar Abhiyan, govt. will provide 125 days employment to all the poor people in urban areas particularly returning migrant workers on the lines of MGNREGA.
After the virtual inauguration of PM Garib Kalyan Rojgar Yojana in Uttar Pradesh, Prime Minister Modi would also talk to the beneficiaries from the 6 districts of the state. Women beneficiaries are also likely to share their experiences with Pradhan Mantri Modi on employment.
The new Atmanirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan (UP Garib Kalyan Rojgar Yojana) launch by PM Modi will be the country’s largest employment generation programme.
Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan Online Applications
Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan online application details are not available yet, however, the state government may soon launch a new portal for online applications under the Atma Nirbhar UP Rojgar Abhiyan. We will update the same as soon as the details for online applications are available.
Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan 2020 by PM Modi
Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan aims to create employment and entrepreneurial opportunities for migrants who returned to UP state. Around 30 lakh migrant workers had returned to their native villages in Uttar Pradesh alone. Around 31 districts of the state have more than 25,000 returnee migrant workers. PM Modi will launch the Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan employment generation scheme for migrants on 26 June 2020. Here are the key points from PM Modi inauguration speech:-
- PM Modi in his address said that the bravery shown by Uttar Pradesh in the face of Coronavirus crisis is commendable. PM said that “I salute the people of Uttar Pradesh. All of you have set an example for the world”.
- Be it UP’s doctors, paramedical staff, sweepers, policemen, ASHAs, Anganwadi workers, bank and post office colleagues, transport department partners, labor colleagues, everyone contributed with full devotion.
- The efforts and achievements of Uttar Pradesh are massive because it is not just one state, but a bigger state than many countries of the world. People of UP are realizing this achievement themselves, but if you know the figures, you will be surprised even more.
- The combined population of France, Italy, Spain and the UK is equal to Uttar Pradesh’s population. More than one lakh people have died in these countries but in UP only 600 died due to Covid-19.
- I am confident that other states can take inspiration from Yogi Ji’s leadership given how he has turned a disaster into an opportunity.
- We can say that in a way, the UP government has managed to save the lives of at least 85 thousand people! Today if we are able to save the lives of our citizens, then it is also a matter of great satisfaction. We could not have expected these results in UP by earlier governments before 2017.
- Under the PM Garib Kalyan Rozgar Yojana, many works are being started in villages to increase the income of laborers.
- About 60 lakh people are being given employment in small industries i.e. MSMEs in schemes related to village development. In addition to this, a loan of about 10 thousand crore rupees has been allocated to thousands of entrepreneurs under the Mudra Yojana for self-employment.
- PM Modi also interacted with some migrant workers from Jalaun, Bahraich, Gonda districts among others to take stock of the assistance they received from government during lockdown and to also generate employment locally.
- Ahead of launching the initiative, PM Modi had said in a tweet that the Self-reliant Uttar Pradesh Rozgar Abhiyan aims to promote local entrepreneurship along with providing employment opportunities to migrant workers.
- CM Adityanath said that during the Covid-19 crisis, “the way the Prime Minister has shown the direction to the country and gave the message of Jaan bhi aur Jahaan bhi is highly appreciable. Following a similar direction, Uttar Pradesh is working for the welfare of its labourers by providing them employment. The step has been taken under Prime Minister Modi’s dream of Self-reliant India.
- CM Adityanath said that Uttar Pradesh government has successfully completed skill mapping of over 3 lakh migrant workers. Among those mapped, a large number of workers used to work as construction labourers in cities and in the real estate sector. Among others are tailors, drivers and domestic cleaners.
As part of the Atma Nirbhar Bharat initiative, 5,000 workers will be distributed tool-kits. These workers consists of ironsmiths, tailors, hairdressers, carpet weavers, soap makers, tanners and textile workers among others.
PM UP Garib Kalyan Rojgar Yojana
The launch ceremony of PM Uttar Pradesh Garib Kalyan Rojgar Yojana will be conducted through video conferencing in presence of UP CM Yogi Adityanath. Prime Minister Modi will interact with villagers from 6 districts of the Uttar Pradesh as part of the official launch of the ceremony. Villages across all districts of Uttar Pradesh will join this Atmanirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan launch through the Common Service Centers and Krishi Vigyan Kendras.
At the official Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan launch, the villagers will maintain the norms of social distancing in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic. The PM Uttar Pradesh Garib Kalyan Rojgar Yojana also aims to promote local entrepreneurship and create partnership with industrial associations and other organizations to provide employment opportunities.
PM Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyaan
The massive rural public works scheme or PM Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyaan was first announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on the national scale. It targets to empower and provide livelihood opportunities to the returnee migrant workers and rural citizens. The PMGKRA scheme aims at providing employment to migrant workers and boosting infrastructure in across 116 districts in 5 states by bringing together 25 government schemes.
Need for PM Uttar Pradesh Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan
Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is having an adverse impact on workforce in general and migrant workers in particular. A large number of migrant workers returned to several states as businesses across the country were shuttered in the wake of nation-wide lockdown. It is now of paramount important to provide basic amenities and means of livelihood to migrants and rural workers. The central government has already launched the Atma Nirbhar Bharat economic package of Rs. 20 lakh crore to stimulate various sectors.
Now the PM Uttar Pradesh Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan is a part of that mega Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan. This scheme aims to generate job opportunities with thrust towards creating infrastructure in backward regions of the country. Earlier, PM Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan was launched on 20 June 2020 across 116 districts of the country.
Skill Mapping of Migrant Workers in UP
Earlier, CM Yogi Adityanath has asked authorities to do skill mapping of labourers who can be provided work in accordance with their skills. Former Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has accused CM Yogi on announcement of providing 1 crore job in a rally. Former CM said that someone should go and ask people what they got in their bags.