The state government of Assam is implementing a health insurance scheme named as Atal Amrit Abhiyan in the state. Under the scheme, the government is providing an insurance coverage of up to Rs. 2 lakh per year to each family of the state. The scheme was originally launched on 25 December 2016.
Under Atal Amrit Abhiyan, the eligible beneficiaries gets benefits of the scheme at the time of treatment in the hospital on the base of insurance cover. Various diseases like cancer, Cardiovascular diseases, Cancer, Kidney diseases, Neo-natal diseases, brain and heart-related ailments and burn injuries have been included in the scheme. The beneficiary can go for the treatment only in government aided and CGHS empaneled hospitals in the state.
Latest Update – From April 2018, all the candidates can now avail cashless treatment at govt. and empaneled private hospitals inside and outside the state. Earlier, people were getting reimbursement for treatment.
The scheme offers cashless treatment facility to the families belonging to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Lower Income Group (LIG) of the society. The enrollment under the first phase of Atal Amrit Abhiyan is ongoing in many of the districts in the state while it has completed in some.
Application / Enrollment under Atal Amrit Abhiyan
Enrollment under the Atal Amrit Abhiyan health insurance scheme can be done through the enrollment centers. Below is the step by step procedure for manual application for enrollment under the scheme.
- Visit at official website at https://nhm.assam.gov.in/
- Now click on the “Atal Amrit Abhiyan Application Format” or directly click this link to download the application form format.
- Format of application form
- Fill all the details in the application form and submit it along with the required documents to the Office of the Joint Director of Health Services of the concerned district either by hand or post.
Enrollment at AAA Enrollment Center
The interested applicants can also physically visit the enrollment center in their areas along with the voter ID card of each family member, birth certificate of minor members of family, income certificate for APL family members and Rs. 100 pre beneficiary premium.
The verifying officer would then scrutinize all the documents to verify the eligibility of the applicant. APL candidates would be given a challan to deposit Rs. 100 per member as premium.
After the verification of documents and (payment of premium by APL families), the operator would take photograph and fingerprint of each beneficiary.
Finally, a AAA ID card will be issued to each beneficiary along with the scheme handbook.
For more details about how to enroll under the Atal Amrit Abhiyan, click the following link: https://atalamritabhiyaan.aaas-assam.in/enrollment.html
Major Hospitals under Atal Amrit Abhiyan
There are a total of 33 public and private hospitals within the state of Assam while 27 hospitals outside the state have been empaneled. Below are the links to download the complete list of hospitals empaneled under the scheme
List of Hospitals Under Atal Amrit Abhiyan
Atal Amrit Abhiyan Beneficiary Card
The AAA card issued to the beneficiaries looks like the one below
Eligibility Criteria for Atal Amrit Abhiyan
Below is the eligibility criteria for enrollment in AAA health insurance scheme
- All the BPL families in the state with income of less than Rs. 1.2 lakhs per annum will get a free health card under the scheme.
- Moreover, those who belong to APL category with income between Rs. 1.2 lakhs and 5 lakhs per annum have to pay a nominal premium of Rs. 100/- per year per member to avail the scheme.
- All the employees who are working or retired in the service of Central and State Government will not be eligible for this scheme.
- All documents of each enrollment will be checked properly whether they belongs to BPL or APL category.
Document Requirements for Atal Amrit Abhiyan
Below is the list of documents which would be required at the time of registration under the scheme
a) Voter ID Card
b) EPIC Card (in case of minors the birth certificate in original)
3) Income Certificate
4) Other valid documents
5) NFSA Card is also valid if have
7) A Photograph of patient attested by Doctor
Complete detail of Atal Amrit Abhiyan can be found in the scheme booklet at this link.
The candidates can contact toll free at 1800 102 7480 for more information about the scheme.