Andhra Pradesh government has launched YSR Matsyakara Nestham Scheme on 21 November 2019. Under AP YSR Matsyakara Nestham Scheme 2019, financial assistance to fishermen operating mechanised, motorised and non-motorised fishing nets will be enhanced. Fishermen will now receive Rs. 10,000 from earlier amount of Rs. 4,000 for the annual fishing ban period between April 15 and June 14.
AP govt. will extend benefits of scheme to fishermen who have already benefited from Rythu Bharosa, Vahana Mitra and pension schemes. CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy will launch AP YSR Matsyakara Scheme at Komanapalli in Mummidivaram of East Godavari district on the occasion of World Fisheries Day.
Fishermen who received Rythu Bharosa, Vahana Mitra, pension benefits will even get holiday assistance under the scheme.
AP YSR Matsyakara Nestham Scheme 2019
The important features and highlights of this AP govt. scheme for fishermen are as follows:-
- Increased assistance of Rs. 10,000 (previously Rs. 4,000) for fishing ban period b/w 15 April & 14 June.
- AP YSR Matsyakara Scheme beneficiaries to get increased diesel subsidy of Rs. 9 per litre which was Rs. 6.03 earlier. AP govt. has identified 81 filing stations for this purpose.
- Earlier, financial assistance was only given to those fishermen who uses mechanised and motorized boats. But the current dispensation would extend benefits to even those fishermen who uses hunting rafts.
- A total number of 1,32,332 families of fishermen would be benefited from AP YSR Matsyakara Nestham Scheme.
- Furthermore, ex-gratia provided to fishermen families which died while hunting has been raised from Rs. 5 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh. All the fishermen in 18 to 60 years of age group can avail this benefit.
CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy announced enhancement of benefits after reviewing the miserable conditions of fishermen during his 3,648 km-long padayatra.
The state govt. will also provide compensation to fishermen affected from drilling exploration conducted by Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation for 13 months in 2012. A total number of 16,559 fishermen from 8 mandals in East Godavari district lost their livelihood. Oil Company had already paid compensation of Rs. 68.88 crore for 6 months duration. However the remaining compensation of Rs. 78.24 crore for 7 months is still due on oil companies which would now be paid by the AP govt. on Thursday.
Other Benefits for Fishermen in AP
AP govt. will setup Integrated aqua labs in 46 locations at Rs. 56.53 crore. These labs are going to test quality of water, sand, feed and seeds for the benefit of aquaculturists.
AP govt. will allocate Rs. 720 crore to provide power to aqua farmers at cost of Rs. 1.5 per unit to benefit around 53,550 farmers. Other major decisions are to provide rights to fishermen on canals on lease at a nominal cost and provision of input subsidy.